Chapter Ten

Luke's POV

After talking with Melody yesterday I felt a bit better about the whole situation. At least now I know that she doesn't hate me, and that my stupid little crush didn't ruin our friendship.

I woke up this morning, and I was totally prepared to take on the day. I wasn't going to let anything stop me.

So got up out of bed, stretched and then I flopped face first back onto my bed. After a split second of rethinking my decisions I decided that I was not prepared to take on the day.

From that point on I just sat in bed doing absolutely nothing. Well nothing... Except playing club penguin on my phone.

That was fun up until I got banned for 'inappropriate language'. I tell one penguin he's ugly, and suddenly I'm the bad guy.

After sending about 50 complaint emails to the game makers or whoever the hell gets the emails. I turned on the flappy bird app.

I know flappy bird is probably the most aggravating app out there, but I was determined to beat my high score of nineteen.

I spent about five minutes repeating the process of starting a game, and then dying three seconds later.

Then out of nowhere I actually started doing well. I got past the nineteenth pipe, and I started to get really excited. I approached the twentieth pipe, but the bird face planted into the pipe, and fell to the ground.

I just stared at my phone in shock my eye began twitching, and I could feel the anger boiling inside me. I screamed and flung my phone across the room. It hit the wall with a thud and fell to the floor.

"Woah calm down there. No need to go all hulk smash."

I turned to see Giselle standing my bedroom doorway. I smiled weakly at her joke. Normally I would probably laugh at a joke like that, but today just wasn't the day.

I watched as she walked over to where my phone was lying on the ground. She picked it up and showed me it. The wall was dented from where the phone hit, but my iPhone 4 was totally fine.

"This thing's indestructible." She said tossing it to me. She walked over to me sat on the edge of the bed.

"How've you been?" This is about the millionth time someone has asked me this. I'm getting really sick of everyone acting like this around me. I wonder if Calum was going through the same thing or if they were just coddling me.

"I've been good." I lied.

"Bullshit. You haven't come out of your bedroom since the fight."

"Excuse you, but I left my room just yesterday." I stated proudly.

"But did you leave the house?" She raised an eyebrow at me, and I ducked my head down to avoid her gaze.

"You should put some ice on your eye." She lifted my face up, and touched my eye lightly with her thumb. Even though she had barely touched it I still winced in pain.

"Calum hurt you pretty bad." She frowned. "Have you talked to him at all."

I shook my head no. Of course I hadn't talked to him since the fight if even tried to step foot in his house he'd probably hit me over the head with a frying pan. Also I haven't left my house in like four maybe five day. I was honestly losing track of how many days it's been.

"Well you should try to talk to him." She placed a hand on my arm, and I couldn't help but feel all bubbly inside.

"Why don't you talk to him? I mean he just broke up with you, and you seem unaffected by any of it."