Chapter Nineteen

I had no choice.

It was the only option.

It was either this or death.

I didn't enjoy hitting Melody over the head with a log, but I had no choice. I wish I could've just knocked her out with my power band but it wouldn't keep her asleep for the three day flight to Zurok.

I wish it didn't have to be this way, but if  I didn't do this there was no way of telling what would happen to us.

Actually that's not true I would be killed, but I wouldn't be able find out why Ashton needed Melody if i was dead.

Telepathically I lifted my spaceship out of the bushes. I scooped up Mel in my arms, and carefully placed her in the passenger seat.

I climbed in the driver seat. After clicking a series of buttons, and pulling some levers the ship zoomed into the sky. Going up above the clouds and quickly breaking through the earths atmosphere.

I looked at Melody her neck was tilted at an uncomfortable angle. If I hadn't known what happened to her I would have though she was sleeping.

A single tear dripped from my eye. It was my fault she was in this mess.

It was the only way. If I didn't do it we would both end up dead.

How could I do that to the girl I love.

Do I really love her or was it all just a part of the plan?

Maybe I didn't love her, but at least I cared about her enough to feel guilty about this.

Even though I was just following orders, and there's no reason to feel guilty.

It was in a terrible conflict within my own brain. The worst part wasn't even the headache I was beginning to get. It was that I was starting to believe all the things my mind was telling me.

I'm not in love with Melody

My mind believed it, but my heart didn't. Maybe if I said it enough I could convince my heart to believe in those words.

I've never been in love before so how could I truly know I was in love with her. Just because her smile makes my heart melt, and every time we kiss it feels like the first, and how she's always on my mind.

None of that matters because that might not even be what love feels like.

I wiped away the tear, and turned my gaze to the window. Watching as we rushed past stars, moon and comets.

I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if I wasn't born a Zurokian.

I would just be a normal teenager. If i was lucky maybe I would be a rockstar like the guys is All Time Low. As if that would happen. Although I do know I wouldn't be a soldier.

My life could have been a whole lot better.

As an earthling I could wear whatever clothes I want, listen to good music, go to parties, eat awesome food, and sleep in comfy beds.