Chapter 52

Hi sweet babies, comment all you can please and check my other story? :)
______________________

"Calm down," her voice echoes through the car.

Dan said I didn't need to take my CV, not like there's much about me anyway. It's pathetic how I'm not getting any jobs by myself but this could be really good... A tiny bit of me is excited.

The other is jumping out the window, hoping the car behind will run her over.

I straighten Lottie's skirt down a bit and take a deep breath. This is too tight on me and the blouse is too loose.

Oh God, I look ridiculous...

"What time is it? Do you think we could stop at a shop?" I ask fidling with the hem of the skirt.

"Stop?" Lottie asks waving a hand in the air. "Even if there was time, you can get something to eat over there," she explains taking an exit off the motorway.

"I need some trousers or something Lottie," I say turning towards her.

"Just relax, please, you look fine," she mumbles and I slightly perceive she's zoning out.

"Will you come and pick me up?" I ask sinking into the seat.

"Uh... I can't babe, I'm going out... Maybe you can give my mum a call?" She offers keeping her eyes on the road.

"Where are you going? Maybe you can pick me up and we can both go," I say trying to take my head of the interview.

This must be the first time I'm willing to take part in Lottie's party plans.

"Uh no, I don't think so," she mumbles stopping the car in front of a restaurant. "Here we are!"

"Why not? I can adapt," I smile ignoring the building we've parked in front of.

I've never been the party animal really... Lottie's other friends aren't nothing like me and I know it's been difficult for her sometimes to include me in her plans.

I like going out, getting drunk, having a good time, but I am usually the boring friend that tells everyone it's time to head home.

"It's not that, I'm just meeting a couple friends... It's not really your thing," she mutters.

"Okay..." I say quietly.

This is awkward. An awkward situation with Lottie makes everything much much worse... It makes my anxiety worse.

I can tell she doesn't want to explain where she's going or why I can't go, and I don't have it in me to have an argument right now...

"Good luck, you'll do great!" She beams, her light big blue eyes shining.

"Yeah, thanks for the lift," I grab my bag and get out of the car as gracefully as I can.

If Lottie doesn't want me to hang out with her friends is nothing but my fault. I've always been miserable and kind of ruin their 'vibe'.

Although I don't think that's a real reason right? I've always been for her, she brings friends along all the time, I still deserve to be the boring friend she has to drag around...

I can't blame her if she's got tired of me...

"Oh God..." I breathe out.

My feet have dragged me to the inside of the restaurant. It's posh. At least I'm dressed for the occasion... Not sure what I'm meant to do though.

Never do...

"Can I help you, Miss?" A young waiter in a suit asks.

"Uh, I'm meeting, uh... Clapton? Philip Clapton?"