Chapter 4

I spent my morning with lovely Aaron. He made my eyes look bigger but I can only notice mascara, so I don't know what magic he is playing. He covered all my scars perfectly and made my cheekbones stick out. He also painted my lips with a nude colour lipstick.

I would hire him if I had any money at all.

After parking my shiny new car and getting the lift up to my little cosy apartment, I've been too much time trying to dig out my keys from the big handbag.

I find them and open the door realizing it's unlocked. I told him to shut it, what's wrong with him?

"Jacob!" I shout, walking through the door and shutting it behind me. "You have to lock the door, I've told you a thousand times!" I kick my converse off to the side and leave my bag on the floor.

"Stop shouting Livvs! For fuck's sake!" Lottie walks out the kitchen while pulling her hair up into a ponytail.

"What are you doing here?" I throw the keys into the black bawl in the hall looking back at her.

"Yeah, I did have a nice day, thank you so much for asking," She frowned at me and waved her hands in the air as if I should know. "We're going out tonight, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. No. I can't Lotts, I have to stay with Jacob. Where is he by the way?" I make my way into the living room.

"Do you ever listen to me? He's with my family, I told you he could stay there." She sighed following me into the living room.

"Oh, okay. Yeah, I remember."

"No, you don't. But anyway, where have you been? Thought you'd be here for lunch." She pouted and sat on the couch looking at me.

Shit. Make up a new job, Livvy. Anything that will cover the real thing. Damn.

"I've got a-... a new job," I stutter while sitting on the other side of the couch.

Breathe and think. I put my feet up on the couch trying to calm myself.

"Really? Where? How is it? Did you work today? Why didn't I know about this?" Here we go. I throw a cushion to her face and she catches it. "Hey." She frowns.

"Calm down," I chuckle leaning on the back of the couch. "I only started yesterday," think. "I'm a... maid, yeah, in this rich guy's house." I nod trying to convince myself about this.

"How much does he pay you? Is it enough this time?" She looked worried and I smiled admiring her big blue eyes looking at me.

"Yeah, that's why I got it," keep going Livvy. "He pays me a good amount because it's very on the spot, you know? He'll call me at any time and I have to be there." I tried to explain slowly, while she eyed me suspiciously.

"Oh, I get it, we have a maid like that for when any of the others can't come, she replaces any." The Tomlinsons, rich as fuck, not that much, but more than me. "Did he provide you with anything? Mum gave ours a car and an alarm thing."

"Uh..." Is this actually working? "Yeah, he gave me a phone and a car." I nod in shock. Am I getting away with this lie?

"Well, hope it goes good love. Now," She stands up and claps her hands together, "I got you a dress and we're going out with two friends. Boys. Remember what they are?" She asks trying to tease me.

"Stop getting me dresses and what kind of boys?" I rolled my eyes lying on the couch. I really don't want to go out. But she will, and I have to take care of her.

"They're hot and funny, they're brothers so you can have the older one." So bossy, I roll my eyes again and put the cushion on my face growling. "We're going out for dinner first and then we'll go to a club." I take the cushion off my face and sit up straight, trying to concentrate on what she's saying. "They should be here in about an hour and a half, so get up and go put your dress on. Oh! I got you heels too!" I sighed and closed my eyes.