Chapter 27

Zayn picked me up at 1 pm and he's been acting very distant since I got in the car. He didn't want to come up either.

"We won't be seeing the whole museum," he states while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Uh, okay," I answer confused.

Why is he angry again? It was him that wanted me to come. I've only been a couple of times with school, and I did want to come back and appreciate everything, but not with the moody guy over here.

"Why are you so upset?" I ask before I get to think about it.

"I'm not," he spits back.

I lay back in my seat and sigh. I cross my arms and roll my eyes. Why am I even coming with him? Anyone would think I forced him to bring me.

* * * * * *

Zayn left the car at the building were that office of his was and we got in a cab for the 10 minute drive to the museum.

"It's on the ground floor, so you can wander off around if you want," he offers me with the most stern voice.

"Why did you ask me to come? If I wanted to wander off I wouldn't need your permission anyway, Zayn," I inform him growing annoyed.

I can't believe he's gone back to treating me like nothing. I thought he was only like that with people he didn't know or detessted.

He takes a deep breath and looks out the window ignoring me.

Well, fine.

We got out the cab and he made his way in while I tried to run behind him. My legs probably are half the size of his.

Once we were in, I decided to let him wander off, I didn't fancy following around someone who doesn't really want my presence.

I noticed we were at the ancient Greek and Rome area. There were sculptures, pieces of buildings and vases. Everything had beautiful sculptured images.

Most of them looked like people, but they were beautiful people. Some of them had other's creatures stuck to them, like if they weren't people. Probably all those myths Zayn likes. It's all from the same time, anyway.

I think I spent over an hour scanning every detail of every piece of art in that area. Only in that area, and I remember there was dozens more.

I was going to walk out when I noticed there was a much quieter area with no people, but three long benches. I spotted Zayn sitting on one of them, with his back facing me.

He didn't even mind me gone. Maybe he changed his mind about me coming and he's just too polite to cancel. Anyway, he'd kill me if I left the museum without telling him.

I wandered over to his place and noticed him staring at a sculpture. I tried not to make any noise and sat by his side, on the bench.

"This place makes me forget," he says in a whisper, still staring at the figure.

"About what?" I ask calmly.

"Everything that's wrong, everything that ever went wrong," he explains slowly. "Thanks for coming," he whispers.

I smile withouth moving my gaze and lean my head on his upper arm. He hides his real self all the time, I can't help wondering how many others have seen him like this.

He turns his head down at me and I look at him. He caresses my cheek with the tip of his fingers and leans in to kiss me, I can't help clossing my eyes. It's a slow, gentle kiss. His lips feel so tender. My mind always drifts and I forget I'm kissing him.