Chapter 63

LIVVY'S POV

"You don't have to go in with me, it's fine if you need to work," I say loud enough so Zayn can hear me from downstairs.

I don't know if he heard though, but I just kept getting ready to leave as soon as possible.

I still don't know what to do about uncle Sam, I'm hoping the police will say something that will show me the light. That probably won't happen, but I still have to go.

Zayn, as he does, offered to take me to the police station, and although I'll convince him I don't need him there, it'd be ideal. He knows the detective on the case and just for support, it'd be great.

Once I finish painting my lips I stare down at the pencil I've used, it's darker than any colours I've ever used, but it looks so nice. Lottie said it'd suit me. Oh God, Lottie, I wonder what's going on with her? She's been so ...not there, I feel like I don't want to hear about her but on the other hand I need to know she's okay.

I throw the pencil into the bag I'll be wearing and stare at my reflection in the mirror. I think I'm looking quite good today, and that's not a thought I usually have. Am I being positive enough to have a good day? Does it even work like that?

I dig into my bag and fish my work phone out. After checking Pep's schedule for today I text him the details of his first meeting and the time I'll hopefully be at his office by.

Nothing's going to happen if I'm not there by the time I said, but if not it'll be more difficult to organise today's day from the police station.

"Did you say something?" Zayn's voice distracts me from my thoughts.

I throw the phone back into the bag and turn towards the door.

"What time are you going in to work?" I ask him, watching him tuck his shirt into his trousers.

He finishes doing his belt and walks up to me, to stare at the mirror, he's concentrating on his black shirt.

"Why?" He mumbles.

"I don't want to keep you busy if you have to be in the office or something," I explain pushing a strand out of my face.

I would have worn tracksuits if I didn't have to go into work. Didn't feel like skirts though, so I'm in a high waisted pair of black trousers and a white fitted blouse. Nothing special, but nothing cheapy either.

My high black heels make me stand almost as high as Zayn. Although now that I'm comparing us both in the mirror, they don't. I'm still shorter than him.

I turn to watch him and he eyes me strange, but ignores it.

"We'll go and sort it and then I'll go to work, no rush," he shrugs.

I definitely feel as tall as him in these.

"Thank you," I grin and lean forward to peck his lips.

His lips are much closer to me with these, taller or not.

Zayn's hands fly to my backside and he pushes me into him, taking my mouth.

"S-Stop," I pull my mouth away, leaning in his chest. "I've just painted my lips, you're going to smudge it all," I protest feeling his hands looser.

He rolls his eyes but doesn't smile jokingly like he usually does.

"You're kidding right?" He arches one of his eyebrows. "Who are you trying to impress anyway?"

His hands slip off me and glare at him before walking off to find my coat.

"I paint my lips cause I like how it looks, I couldn't care less if anyone else likes it or not," I groan walking out his room with my bag.