Chapter 38

Vote you bitchy ghost readers.
_________________________________

I was way too tired to keep Zayn entertained but I was awfully scared about anyone trying to get indoors.

Zayn had picked up on it and was trying to calm me but it was so useless.

"But what if they try something when you leave?" I ask him cuddling under my fluffy blanket.

"The guards downstairs will stay here," he says tapping the screen on his phone.

"What if they get in through another way?" I ask allowing my imagination to scare me.

He slips his phone into his pocket and stands up, rubbing his hands together.

"Bed time," he says looking at me with no expression.

"I won't be able to sleep, I'll start freaking out and wake Ernie up," I say shaking my head.

There's no way I'm going to sleep tonight, even if I could.

"I'm not leaving until I know you're sleeping Olivia, get into bed," he orders tighting his jaw.

"I can't get my mind off of it, I can't help it Zayn!" I shout at him waving my hands around.

He is so frustrating. He actually thinks I can just change and do anything he asks just because.

He sighs and closes his eyes for a second. When he opens them back again, he sits next to me and covers one of his legs with my blanket. I would pull it off him but I can feel the warmth of his leg on my thigh, and his scent is numbing my whole body.

"So, ever heard of Selene?" He asks seeming more relaxed.

Are we going to make conversation until I fall asleep or something?

"Uh... a Selene at the mansion or like a celebrity called Selene?" I ask him confused, fidling with the blanket between my fingers.

He leans his head back and a chuckle comes out his perfect mouth, making his whole body shake next to me. He shakes his head and looks back at me with a cheeky smirk.

"Selene, the moon goddess," he explains softly.

Oh, we're talking about his myths again, okay.

"Nope..." I say, stating the obvious. "What about her?"

"Well, there was a very attractive shepard sleeping in a cave who always left his sheep unattended," he says leaning his head back and staring at the ceiling.

I lean my head on the back of the couch and stare at the veins on his neck that slightly tensed as he talks.

"Selene fell deeply in love with him, she used to watch his sheep while he slept, she compared him to a perfect marble sculpture," his voice goes softer and softer as he talks and I can feel my eyelids heavier. "She begged Zeus to give Endymion, the shepard, eternal sleep, so she could watch him every night. Zeus granted Selene's request and Endymion was visited by the moon goddess every night and kissed by her rays of light." He finishes in a whisper, as if talking to himself.

I frown and close my eyes feeling myself sleepier. There's obviously more to that story.

"Did he ever know?" I mumble not being able to make a full sentence out of my thoughts.

"Some say he didn't, some say they had fifty daughters," he whispers. I feel his voice is still not with me.

"Fifty?" I exclaim opening my eyes again. He leans his head down and smiles at me nodding. "Well, they had fun in the cave," I say, more to myself.

Another chuckle leaves his lips and he pats my thigh, starting to get up from the couch.

"Bed," he starts making his way out of the front room.

I lazily get up from the couch and turn the light off before I walk to my room.

Rolled in the blanket I stand in my room's doorway and find Zayn moving the covers for me to get in.

I smile slightly just before I remember why he's here, feeling my fears getting the best of me. I get into bed and he throws the covers over me, when he does I grab his hand gently.

"Can you stay... please?" I ask carefully feeling just as scared as I was when I first met him.

"I can't..." he says slipping his hand out of mine and straighting his posture.

"Please? You can sleep in Jacob's bed but please, I really don't want to be alone here," I say nervously, making it sound all rushed.

He shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath, opening them back up again.

He walks out the room for a few minutes and when he comes back he turns the light off. I immediately cover my head up with the covers and hold my breath. Where is he?

I hear ruffling and a few seconds later I feel the bed dipping next to me. I breathe out slowly and relax my whole posture.

He's staying. He's staying next to me. His presence makes me feel safe and I couldn't be more thankful right now.

There's something so special about this guy. He is an idiot, he has no respect for anyone, he is greedy and moody. Yet, there's something warm in his eyes that connects straight to his heart.

I slowly pull the blanket off my head and lean up carefully. Biting my lip, I place my lips against his cheek and smile shily.

"Thank you daddy," I whisper with a much more confident voice than I was expecting.

I feel his cheek move but I can't see if it was from a smile, so, still in darkness, I crawl back to my spot and cover my head up with the duvet.

Would it be okay if after all he's done, I liked Mr. Malik?

______________________________
Ohhh I have another story called 'Silence is a scary sound' and you should  check it out,  xxx