Chapter 40

Saturday was nice and relaxed, as relaxed as a two year old can make your day. Zayn told me there was no sign of intruders so the guards would leave my building alone which kind of made me happy because I didn't want Jacob to freak out when he came back from the trip.

Lottie had rang saying they'd stay, as planned, until the bank holiday monday but Mrs. Tomlinson would come and collect Ernie Sunday afternoon.

So, after organizing him with his accesories Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson walked in. They told me how wonderful Jakes had been and how I should know they're there for me.

My dad and Mrs. Tomlinson went to school together and they're families were friends. When my parents passed away, Mrs. Tomlinson did all she could to tutor us instead of my mum's sad excuse of a brother, but she couldn't.

They stayed over for a cup of tea and then made they way back home. When they'd left I started to read the letters from the bank and organized all the different bills, spreading them on the floor. I wrote down our everyday bills, such as electricity and gas, summing up food. On another part I summed up everything to do with dentist, doctors, Jacob's schools and other things like clothing or even some extra stuff we'd done.

I sighed and kept going through the bills. On another piece of paper I jolted down all the bills my uncle had left onto my name and also, the money we owed to the hospice place that was taking care of Nan before she died.

I bit my lip trying to work out how this month had gone without the money I earned at the mansion. I leaned my head back on the seat of the couch and closed my eyes.

I can't pay anything without this job. Even if I had a normal job I wouldn't be able to pay the debts or the hospice.

If Mrs. Tomlinson knew about this I knew she would do anything to help out but that'd just makes me feel useless.

I definetly need to get back to the mansion. I wasn't even bad at it! Zayn had an issue with the clients, I'm actually good at being a filthy girl in a mirrored room. Don't know if I can say that out loud though.

It was already dark outside and I was relieved I locked the door as soon as they left but I still didn't feel safe.

I noticed my phone vibrate for a second in my pocket, and I fished it out.

_
Dan:
How was your weekend, lovely?
_

I smiled like an idiot at the screen before answering. Keeping it short, I explained my weekend had consisted on keeping an eye on Ernie.

_
Dan:
Well, can I have you at some point over the week, then?
_

Is that another date? I'd almost forgot how amazing the other day was. And, I'm going to ignore the fact that the reason why I forgot was because of Zayn's short visit and husky morning voice.

_
You:
Sure! :)
_

Is a smiley face too immature? I'd never send Zayn something like that but maybe with Dan it'll pass, he's so sweet.
_
Dan:
I'll call you and we'll work it out then, have a good night sleep xx
_

Kiss, kiss. Two kisses.

Why am I acting like a fourteen year old? I didn't even act like this at the age. God, I've been misserable for too long.

I'll see Dan again this week and I can't think of a better way to get my mind off of stuff. Although I do need to figure out everything about the mansion.

I sorted all the mess of papers on the floor and kept my notebook out with the debts and bills written down. I'm exhausted, stress exhausts me so much.