Chapter 19

My dear ghost readers, do you really find it that hard to vote? Because I swear it takes less than writing a chapter.

V, xxx

____________________________

I jump in my sleep and grab a cussion next to me.

Where am I?

It's the couch. It's my living room.

It's ruinned, the windows are smashed. We've never had many decorations but they're all broken, the telly is smashed too.

I sit up quickly and suddenly remember my front door wide open.

"Jacob!" I stand and inmediately loose my balance feeling dizzy.

I feel two strong arms holding me up from behind and I'm sat on the couch again. I instinctivly flinch moving over and look back at who's holding me.

"Take it easy, he's talking with a policeman, okay? He's fine," Zayn says sitting next to me. He is holding my back with one hand as if I'd break on the couch.

Policeman? What's happened? This is my fault, I should have choosen another road, I knew this didn't seem like a safe one. It was one of the only ones I could afford.

Someone's been in my home.

I feel my breathing getting faster and I hold onto Mr. Malik's arm trying to gain control of my body back. I can feel anxiety getting the best of me, I'm shaking so much. Someone could have hurt us.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, I've taken care of it, okay?" Zayn tells me caressing my back in small circles.

Someone's been here, we have to move.

I feel tears streaming out my eyes and my breathing building up, I can't breathe out. My visions all blurry and I still can't concentrate on breathing.

Zayn suddenly grabs my face and leans his forehead against mine in a much gentle way. He looks so calm, he does everything in swift gentle moves. I'm still struggling to breathe and his presence alters me, I feel embarrassed and I can't help holding his bicep trying to stop the tears.

Are we going to be alright?

"Breathe, baby girl, just breathe, it's okay," he says in a soothing voice, his thumbs cares my cheeks softly.

I try to breathe out and I close my eyes, finding myself struggling for air again. He takes a deep breathe and blows against my lips, reppeating this a couple times.

I concentrate on his breathing and try to copy it slowly, I start relaxing when I feel myself in control again.

He takes his hands off my cheeks and places his arms around my shoulders, pulling me onto his chest. He starts caressing circles onto my back again and I feel myself calm down.

"Shh, it's okay... someone, or more than one, they don't know yet, broke in here, they didn't take anything but, for some reason, they've ruinned the place." He explains very slowly to me.

It feels like a very caring Zayn, not stern Mr. Malik.

"I'll take care of this, it'll be all cleaned up and replaced by next Friday, you'll have a security system installed and you'll be safe." He tells me in the same soft voice, it's like he's scared of my reaction. I can't really function what he's saying.

Where are we going to stay? We can't sleep here after this. I sigh and sit up straight, Zayn's arms slip off me and I rub my temples trying to bring my brain back to this world.

"I'm going to have a word with the officer," he stands up and walks out the room.

"Livvy... are you okay?" I hear Jacob's shaky voice next to me.