Chapter 12

We walk through what seems like a back door. It's a bit chilly, although I'm wearing a coat and I'm allowing myself to cling on to Mr. Malik's arm.

Once we're in, I let go of him and realize I've never been to an event. There's mannequins everywhere with all the designer's clothes. Mr Malik takes my coat giving it to someone from staff.

Everyone in here has a perfect face. Mr. Malik belongs with all these people and I obviously am the odd one out.

Everyone's wearing the same theme colours as someone near them, others aren't.

I feel a big hand on the small of my back and I jump slightly, waking from my gaze.

"It's only me," Mr. Malik whispers. I feel my cheeks turn red as he says the same words he told me two nights ago. 

He guides me through the people and we walk straight to a man that's dressed in a black suit with tiny specks of gold. He has gray hair and deep blue eyes.

"Oh, Zayn! I was wondering where you were!" He says enthusiasticly while he shakes Mr. Mal-Zayn's hand. Damn. I hope I don't blurt 'Sir' out.

"Mr. Clapton," he says with an impassive smile on his face.

"And who is this lovely lady?" He turns to me with a kind smile.

"This is Olivia Anderson, Sir," Zayn smiles without taking his eyes off from the man, nor his hand from the small of my back.

"You've finally settled with someone, Zayn?" Mr. Clapton asks with a light chuckle.

"No Sir, Miss Anderson is only accompanying me tonight," Zayn answers. For some reason, I felt a little disappointment.

The way he introduced me seem as he was showing me, not introducing me, I didn't like it at all, but Mr. Clapton seemed nice.

"Well I'm pleased to hear that," a male voice says from behind me. A tall boy, around my age, with dark brown hair and lovely blue eyes stands next to me. He is wearing a navy blue suit with specks of silver.

He leans slightly and catches my hand between his fingers, he lifts it up to his lips and kisses it.

"Zayn doesn't deserve a woman half as beautiful as you are," he straightens his posture and smiles at me. His smile is warm and cool, kind of refreshing.

He knows what he's doing but he looks nice. He doesn't look half as cocky as he sounds. I smile back at him biting my lip.

"This is Daniel," Zayn says mumbling. "Mr. Clapton's son." Oh, that explains the eyes and the suit.

Maybe if I'd come with Daniel I would have got a cool dress.

"Zayn, as cheerful as ever!" Daniel jokes. Zayn doesn't seem to enjoy his company at all. "I'll be asking you for a dance later, gorgeous," he winks at me and glides his way away from us.

I smile and look back at Zayn realizing Mr. Clapton's nowhere to be seen.

He lays his hand on my waist, walking me towards one of the mannequins. There are champagne flutes on a tray and he hands me one, getting another for himself.

We stare at the dress in front of us for a second when a tall girl walks in front of us and I drift my stare to her. She's wearing a dress like mine but it's bright pink and longer.

She's very thin, but the tight dress forces a bit of a shape out of her. It looks nice.

I feel Zayn's fingers digg into my waist and I look up at him.

"Why are you staring at her?" He asks, frowning.

"Uh, I like how the dress looks on her, she has the body for it." I smile up at him explaining myself.