Chapter 16

When I woke up this morning there was no trace of Zayn. I can't even remember him coming back so he probably didn't even sleep here.

There's something in me that wants his approval. I would love him to even acknowledge my existence when there's no work or sex in the way.

Lottie dropped Jacob off a couple hours ago.

I received an e-mail from Ms. Webb with the list of clients willing to go on a date with me. I chose a couple names and sent them back to her. They're not particularly good looking but they seem nice.

I've been tiding the whole house making it look decent for when Safaa comes.

So when the door rings I feel nervous just by the thought of Zayn coming with her. But he isn't.

Safaa is at the door with who I'm assuming is Troy, the driver I've always seen. He nods at me and she walks in.

"Hey, feeling better?" I greet her with a quick hug and close the door behind her.

She walks in, slowly taking her coat off. And she nods.

I take her coat from her and hang it up in the hall wardrobe.

I walk in the living room with her behind me and Jacob looks up at me.

'Hey, Jackes, this is Safaa, my boss' sister," I say while sitting on the couch.

"Hiya!" He smiles up at her from the floor. "Are you rich, too?" He asks with no hesitation.

"Jacob! You can't ask people that!" I shout at him annoyed.

Safaa laughs and looks at Jacob shrugging.

"I don't know," she giggles and sits back a bit. "It's my parents and him, I'm not rich at all!" She laughs.

Jacob turns back and keeps watching the telly, like he does every Saturday morning.

"How old are you Safaa?" I ask her staring at the telly.

"Seventeen," she smiles. "Although Zayn seems to think I'm ten." She scowls.

"What's wrong with being ten?" Jacob interrupts.

Safaa giggles again and shakes her head. "Nothing! Being ten is cool, I wish I was ten again," she says to Jacob. "I just... I feel like I've disappointed him," she says in a sadder tone.

"Why do you think that?" I frown looking back at her.

"He is treating me like he treats everyone else..." she shrugs. "Zayn cares but he never shows it like everyone else would, but with Wal and I he's always been his real self, and now he's not, and it's my fault." She says lowering her voice.

She starts fiddling with the end of her sleeve and I smile remembering Zayn doing the same thing.

"It's not your fault, maybe he's just going through a phase," I shrug. "It's not nice seeing your little sibling grow up," I point at Jacob quietly and pout. She giggles and sighs staring back at the telly.

"They've cleared the roads so I thought we could go out for lunch to Pizza Express?" I ask both while standing up.

"Oh, yes please Livvy!" Jacob exclaims while lying on the floor and placing his hands on his stomach.

"Livvy?" Safaa asks after laughing at Jacob on the floor.

"Short for Olivia," I shrug and walk out the room. "Get ready Jakes it's cold, we're leaving in ten."

* * * * * *

After our lovely Sunday meal at Pizza Express we came straight back home because it was fucking cold and I'm risking making Mr. Malik's little sister sick.