2. Crash

-Matthew's POV

"Matt is she alright bro?" my friend Ryan asked as he ran to this girl's aid.

He and I were playing catch with a football at the park and I threw it maybe a little too hard.

"She looks okay, her face is a little swollen though. "

Suddenly to my relief, she began to move her head.

"You okay? " I asked helping her up.

She gave me a straight face.

"Does it look like I'm okay? My whole fucking face hurts," she said rubbing the side of her face.

"Look,  I'm sorry. It was an accident.  Complete accident.  I can take you to go get some ice on your face," I said touching her face then quickly drew back.
"Sorry," I said and I felt face getting red.

"Oh, you're fine where's the ice at? " she asked and her hand was covering her face still.

"Um, its at my house. I live right there across the street, " I motioned across the street.

"Okay, go get it," she said putting her hand on her hip.

"You want to come?"

She laughed.

"Lure me in your house and try something on me with your friend? No."

"Come on,  I threw the ball that hurt you.  It's the least that I can do.  You can trust me," I pleaded.

"Alright,  but just know,  try something I'll shoot."

I heard Ryan clear his throat.

"Matthew," he said giving me a warning look, but I ignored.

"Am I missing something?" she asked.

"No, no. Let's get your ice," I suggested.

After that I gave her some ice to go in her face and I wanted to walk her home afterwards  so I knew she made it home safe.

"Let me walk you home," I suggested after I gave her, her ice.

"So you can yank me in an alley and rape me? I'll pass."

This girl didn't trust anything I did.

"Why do you keep thinking I'm going to harm you. I would have been done that."

This chick was driving me crazy with her assumptions.  Yes she was gorgeous.  The way her bronzed skin glowed was beautiful.  You could tell she had a nice ass in those trackpants she was wearing. But then I had to consider the fact that I had a girlfriend. Miranda wouldn't appreciate the fact that I was walking another girl home. But what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

"Okay,  but if you try something,  I'll cut you."

She was a violent little thing.

"Ry, i'll be back."

He just shook his head at me. I knew he was gonna let me have about this, but honestly I didn't give a shit.

"So, what's up with your friend and all these damn looks he giving you?" she asked, she finally took the ice off her face and the swelling went down.

My face grew red. I couldn't tell her.

"I don't know,  he's kinda slow you know, " I chuckled.

"Naw, I know why, its cause I'm black. He don't want to see you with a black girl. I'm from the South, I understand."

I laughed at her, she was some character.

That wasn't even the reason.

"No, its not even that to be honest.  How long where you here?"

"Well I just moved up here in July,  so two months."

"Two months, cool. Do you like it here?"

"I mean its straight up here and all but, I like Altanta better, that's all I know.  All my family is there,  my mama, grandma. Everybody."

"Well I can prove to you that Detroit is better," I said stopping our stroll.

"How and you don't know my name? "

Ah shit, she had me.

"Matthew Carol."

"Chaynia Martez."

Chaynia, I liked that name,  it fit her perfectly.

"This my house right here, " she said stopping at a gigantic brick house.

"Can I get your number before you head in?"

"Suuure, Mr.  Matthew."

-----------------------------

"Dude, what the fuck were you thinking? !?!" Ryan checked me.

Here he was getting on me about a relationship he doesn't need to worry about.

"Ry, it was nothing.  I just walked her home because I hit her with a football," I said as I cracked open a coke.

"Yeah, you walked her home thinking about her ass the whole time," he said taking the bowl of chips from me.

"I did not."

"Yeah, yeah. You were thinking about her and her little country accent saying: "ooooh Matty like that daddy," he moaned imitating Chaynia's voice.

"Oooh no, never."

"'Matty like that daddy'," he said imitating her again.

I threw a pillow at him.

"Besides,  I have a girlfriend that I love dearly."

"Ah. Come on, you know Chaynia looks waaaaaaaay better than Miranda. Miranda looks like a toad. "

"Hey! That's my girl you're talking about-- but Chaynia does have a nice ass," I said high fiving him.

"Just face it Matt, you see something in Chaynia."

I shrugged.

"So what are you going to do?"