15. Toxic

-Chaynia's POV

Its been three months after the whole hickey incident and Matthew was fucking driving me CRAZY. He was clingy as fuck and couldn't stand for me to be around other boys. Every time I'd talk to Ryan, he'd get jealous and but in our conversation. He was over my house 24/7 my daddy was tired of seeing his dammed face. Hell, I was tired of seeing his face. I was so glad to finally get away from him, for one day, cause I was gonna murder him.

We was supposed to go to a winter carnival, but by the grace of god my baby got sick-- yes, he's still my baby. He told me not to go, cause he wasn't coming, but Yessica wanted me to go with her, so I went with Yessica. What he didn't know would hurt him.

"Yessica, I really needed to fucking get away from that boy, he was driving me crazy girl. If I breathed around another boy he'd have a damn fit," I said as we stood in line for a giant snow slide.

"You know it starts off like that, he gets clingy, then he doesn't want you to have friends, then you try to leave and he kills you. Your typical gringo," Yessica joked.

I laughed an uncomfortable laugh cause I knew that she wasn't lying. I seen that too much on the news up here in Michigan, it was always a white boy that killed his wife then himself sometimes his kids and her family, see in the south you barely heard shit like that.

"But don't worry Chay, I'll tell your dad that you want to be cremated for you," she laughed.

I gave her a straight face, I wasn't playing with her.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry Chay Chay," Yessica said then she hugged me.

That hug was warm though.

"Oh, yes, Yessica. Keep hugging me baby," I said and held onto her tighter.

"You're gonna straight face me and use my warmth. I feel used Chaynia, " she said and pulled away from me.

"Well, since you can't keep me warm come to the bathroom with me, cause the cold makes me want to pee."

"But Chayniiiiaaa , we're almost at the front babe, " Yessica whined at me.

"I'll get you hot chocolate," I pleaded.

"Chay Chay, you're such a freaaakk, okay I'll go babe," Yessica said and came with me.

I couldn't help but laugh at her. Yessica was one of the closest friends, including Ryan, that was in Michigan. She was down with everything that I did. As much as I bought her food she should have been fat, but she was one of those girls who could eat and gain not one pound.

"Now we're all the way in the back Chay," Yessica whined and put her head on my shoulder.

She was a baby , just like me.

"Quit being a baby, boo," I said and kissed her on the forehead.

The cold wind blew in my face, so I grabbed onto Yessica.

Then this smell hit me. It was sweet but manly at the same time. I knew this smell from anywhere cause I smelled it all day everyday. It was one of the things I loved about him. It smelled like Matthew.

"Yessi," I whispered.

"Hm?"

"Do me a favor. "

"Huh? What is it? " she could tell that I was serious cause her head sprung up from off of my shoulder.

"Turn around and see if Matthew behind us," I whispered.

She gave me a scared look, then she turned around and gasped. She nodded her head.