6. Child's Play

-Matthew's POV

"Heeyyyyy Chaynia," I said as I came behind her and covered her eyes.

"Who is this?" she said as she tried to take my hands off of her face.

"The most handsome boy you've ever met."

"Drake?"

I sighed.

"Really?"

"Ooops, I mean Matthew," she said and took my hands off her face and hugged me.

I was finally back at Edison High. I was kicked out for-- uh. That's another long story, but here I was. Before I met Chaynia I didn't take lightly to the news that I was coming back, because of the reason I was kicked out, but now I had a reason to want to be back at Edison.

"Nope don't hug me, go hug your Drake," I said as I painfully resisted the urge to hug her back.

"You really think a dude like Drake will ever hug me?" she asked giving me her trademark straight face.

"I mean I think a lot of guys will want to hug a girl as gorgeous as you, even Drake," I said standing over her short 5'1 frame.

"Matthew, you do too much," she laughed and closed her locker after taking out a couple textbooks.

"I do too much for you," I said and grabbed her books out of her hand.

"Aaaww Matt, " she said and grabbed my cheek.

"So what class do you have next?"

"I have AP Bio--"

"Is this Matthew Carol?!?!" some girl said from behind me, cutting off Chaynia.

I turned to around to see who the mystery girl was and just to my fucking luck it was one of Miranda's bestfriends, Lauren.

"Miranda didn't tell me to be expecting to see you here."

"Yeah Lauren, and I didn't expect to seeing you here either, you know?"

"Oh, who's your friend?" Lauren said pointing to Chaynia and Chaynia looked up at me with a look of concern.

"Oh, this is Chaynia, I was just walking her to class," I said and I could feel the hard stare she was giving me.

"Well, he was walking me to class, now I'm walking myself, " she said and snatched her books out of my arm.

I knew she was mad I didn't claim her as mine, but the situation was fucked up.

"Matthew, I'm not an idiot," Lauren said.

"Lauren, just--"

"Matthew save it," she said as she put her hand up and walked away.

"Lauren!" I yelled after her, but she disappeared in the crowded hallway.

I couldn't trust Lauren with her seeing what she saw, but it wasn't that bad. I guess I had to be careful with Chaynia in school now that I knew that Lauren was possibly watching every move I made, she could tell Miranda.

--------------------------------

"Chaynia why are you mad at me?" I asked her.

I was supposed to be in class right now out on a bathroom break, but I decided to sneak to the dining commons on lunch break. The only class Chaynia and I had together to was Pre-Cal and she wouldn't look at me or say a word. This was not how I wanted to start my first day of school.

"Matthew," she said trying to get out of her seat but I had her blocked in on the wall.

"Okay, well at least I got you to speak to me. Now come on, tell me. What's the issue?"

"Mane can you move? I want to go get me something to eat."

"I'll move when you tell me, what's the issue."

"What am I to you, a game?"

"No, you're not a game, Chaynia. "

"Matthew, I heard that so much and I got fucking played. What am I to you? A girl you plan to hit?"

"Chaynia, you just don't know how much you mean to me and I'd do anything to make you happy. If I wanted to hit, I would have been done it."

"So why didn't you make it clear when old girl asked you? You let her refer to me as friend."

I sighed.

"See, that's the shit right there," she said as she pushed me out of the way and walked away from me.

What the fuck did I get myself into?