31. The Sequence

-Chaynia's P.OV.

I couldn't do it, I just couldn't do it. All these thoughts racing through my head like a marathon.

First thinking about my daddy.
Then thinking about Matthew.
And last but always least me.

This was why I hated being alone in a house cause my mind was so vulnerable to these thoughts. Mama was gone out with Shaun trying to get their bond stronger and left me here, when I was sleep. But it was cool though.

I just needed my baby back and I couldn't wait to see him next week. Last time we spoke, well I spoke, he didnt say shit so I guess it was a pocket dial. I was gone surprise him and give him the BEST head, smack and whatever else I wanted to do to him, but maybe not that head part though, I was kinda wilding when I said that. Shit maybe not.

ANYWAYS.

Right now I needed my second best friend Johari. I would've called up Yessica, but that bitch was always busy, with whatever. The bitch didn't have a job so I don't know what she would be doing. But also, I felt like Johari understood me better. Johari was blunt as fuck and that's what I loved about him.

Shit, tell me the truth straight up and I'll respect you better.

"Wassup little girl?" Johari answered the phone.

I rolled my eyes, I might be little but I could handle.... never mind.

"Boy, bring your jolly rancher head ass over, and play 2k with me."

I sound like a nigga but 2k is my shit and it was fun playing with Johari cause he swore that I rigged the game or some shit.

"Nah, Chay you be cheating. How about we play play Black Ops 2?"

"I don't cheat, you just weak nigga and you owe me five dollars from last time I beat you. How about we say fuck the game and you use the money you owe to buy us a Hot-n-Ready?"

"Alright greedy ass, I'll see you when I get there," he said and hung up.

I sat there smiling. Talking to Johari made me feel good. I didn't feel that way a lot these days. I needed another nap so I dozed off on the couch. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door and it was Johari.

"Lil scrub," he said as he handed me the pizza and we headed up to my room.

"Thanks slut," I said and put the pizza on my dresser and sat on a pile of clothes.

My room was dirty as fuck.

"You need to clean this pig sty, young man," Johari teased.

I threw a shoe at him.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Anyways, wassup with you?" he asked as he laid back on my bed and start playing with this plush dice, I got as a gift from somebody.

"Nothing man, shits getting better, but hard at the same time," I sighed.

"Explain,"he said then took a bite of pizza.

"Well, I'm accepting the fact that my dad is gone, but not accepting the fact that me and Matthew came distant for no reason."

Johari chuckled.

"Clearly that's a sign from god."

I looked at him confused, I wasn't ready for a cypher about God right now.

"Elaborate."

"Y'all not meant, clearly. God was trying to tell you that the moment Matthew told you that he was cheating. Now God throwing it in your face saying 'NO THAT NIGGA NOT FOR YOU'," he laughed.

I couldn't agree. If I wasnt meant to be with Matt why was I so stuck on him?

"Then why can't I get him off my mind?"

Johari laughed again.

"Chaynia, stop being so stupid and gullible over that weak ass nigga. You're just in denial and fucking yourself up for no reason. You know that you deserve better."

Maybe that was true, but better wasn't in my forecast.

"Better isn't coming no time soon, until then Matt is my better."

"Wow," he said like he was being sarcastic or some shit.

"I'm sorry did I miss something?"

"Yes you did," he said. His eyes looked directly in mine and it gave me butterflies.

"What then cause I'm anxious to know," I said and plopped right by him cause I was really anxious to know.

He took a long pause and then a deep breath.

"Better is right in front of you Chaynia and you don't want to see it," he said as he stared at the wall.

The fuck was he on?

"Just look right in front of you Chaynia," he said and turned my head to meet his.

I couldn't move. His gaze felt like it was right, his hand was soft and warm at the same time. I never felt the energy Johari was giving right now, ever.

"You deserve so much better for yourself Chaynia and I'm willing to be the one to give you better. Make you forget about him and the shit he did to you. You're a queen, not a princess. Let me be your king Chaynia. Let me show you how it should feel to be someone's universe."

I couldn't say shit, all I know that my lips was on his and it was over.

----★----

"Chaynia, I just want to let you know, that you're worth more than what you think you are," Johari said then he kissed my forehead.

Our bodies just laid there. Sweaty and wet. The sheets was tangled between our toes and the air was moist. Moist from sex and lust. I mean why wouldn't it be if you just got some bomb ass D?

I didn't feel this way in a loooooong ass time. You know, like being piped down and piped down right.

Was this how Matthew punk ass felt after he got some good pum ? Cause if it was, I understood why he did what he did.

The air was silent and I just stared at the ceiling watching the ceiling fan spin fast in a circle. The only sound in the air was the two chains clanking that was on the fan. I put my hand in Johari's hair and began to play with his curls.

"What do we do now Chaynia?" Johari asked me out the blue.

Hm.

That question kind of hit me hard, cause it was unexpected and I didn't really have an answer to it. What do we do now? What were we?

I shrugged my shoulders and I wrapped my arm around Johari. I felt his heart beating fast like he was scared or something.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Why you playing games with me Chaynia? So we fuck and pretend like it didn't happen now?" Johari asked as he quickly sat up.

Uh-oh.

"I mean what do you want us to be now?" I asked, confused as fuck. Cause to be frank I ain't even know myself.

He shook his head and laughed. I guess I said the wrong answer.

"I mean, I'm curious now. Cause right now you not doing that different from
what fuck nigga do."

Here we go with this shit.

"Look, don't bring him up. He ain't got shit to do with me and you Johari, alright?"

"You saying me and you like we together or something," he said bitterly.

I took a sigh and I had to rethink life. I just fucked my best friend. I cheated on Matt.... but it didn't feel wrong. It felt right.