3. He

-Chaynia's POV

"Yessica,  tell me why he had some nerve to ask for my number after he walked me home," I had told Yessica when she called me on Face Time.

We was actually supposed to be doing our homework,  but i HAD to tell her what happened with that little white boy that nearly killed me with that damned football.  He was so lucky that he was cute cause I would have spazzed on his ass then punch the fuck out of him so he would know how my face felt.

"Noooo fucking way, what was his name?" she asked me she was all interested in my story.

"His name was Matthew Carol."

"Matthew Carol!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!" she yelled and damned near scared the life out of my body.

"Why you say his name like that? You know him?"

"He was like the only white boy that went to the school last year, he came to play baseball for our school and he used to have all the girls on him.  He tried to play my friend Chelsea,  I hated him.  He got caught getting head on the stairs so they kicked him out, but I swear you gotta be careful with him, you never know what trick he has up his sleave."

I hated when girls tried to warn me about boys cause I always thought that they only did that cause they got turned  down by the boy, or they liked him or something and didn't want me to have him.  But a part if me strongly believed Yessica.  There was something about him I thought was fishy, when his friend kept giving him those  ugly looks.

Someone started call me on the phone and I knew that it was the boy we was speaking on.

"Hold up Yessica,  I think that he's calling me right now. Text me your answers for this project so I can get started."

"Alright,  call me and tell me EVERYTHING that happened," she said and hung up and I immediately answered the phone.

"Hey, who is this?" I knew who it was, but I had to play it off like I wasn't desperate or expecting his call.

He chuckled a little.

"This Matt, what's up?"

"Oh, hey. What it is?"

He laughed at me.

"Aaaawww you're lingo is adorable, " he laughed at me again.

"What you mean? My Atlanta lingo? It was worsem two months ago, but my daddy girl from Detroit so I kinda picked up the Detroit slang. Y'all stole a lot from us."

"Technically, I'm from Redford."

"Boy, you live two blocks away from Detroit,  you might as well say you're from Detroit. "

"Maybe you should say you're from Redford. You live two blocks away from Redford."

"Detroit is a bigger city though."

"Oh yeah, speaking of Detroit being a bigger city. Remember what I said about making you like Detroit? " he asked and his tone grew a little serious.

"Yeah."

"How about I show you this weekend?  I can take you downtown, we can see the Ren Cen and I can take you to the Riverwalk."

I thought on it.

"Yeah, I'll go. Show me how good Detroit is."

"So, Friday, after school? "

"Yep."

"And I'll pick you up too."

"Okay that's fine with me, I'll talk to you tomorrow,  I gotta finish this damned homework, bye Matthew."