13. My Way

-Chaynia's POV

When I told Matthew that I was mad at him still, two days ago at the haunted house, I wasn't fucking playing.  Mad wasn't the word, I was pissed. He had some nerve to be paying attention to another girl more than me. My friend on top of it, another double date was not gonna be happening no time soon.

Here Matthew was about to meet my daddy for the first time and I was scared as hell. I mean  if my daddy didn't like him was the least of my worries, it was what he was gonna think about my standards after he met Matthew.

"Maurice! Chaynia! Matthew is here!" Jalisa called up the stairs.

Here we go.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like I just woke up, but I didn't care. Matthew was bound to see me looking a mess anyways.  I marched downstairs and my dad stood by the door waiting for me.

"You looking like who did it, what for and why," my daddy laughed and opened the door.

"Hello sir, hey Chay," Matthew said and he looked tense as hell.

My dad shook his hand.

"Damn boy, you acting like I got my gun pulled out on you," my dad laughed as he welcomed him in.

So far Daddy was doing good.

Matthew shot a look at me.

"Oh, I didn't know that you owned a gun sir, " Matthew said as he followed me and my daddy to the living room.

I tried my best to hold a laugh in.

"Dinner will be ready shortly y'all three, I hope you like gumbo," Jalisa laughed and shook her head and walked out.

"Soooooo Matthew," my daddy began after he cracked open a beer.

I just knew that my daddy was going to start some shit right when he started off with a long so.

"Eeewww, its a white boy in the house!!!" Shaun yelled as he ran in the living room and then he ran back out. I could see Matthew clench his teeth and felt him look at me from the corner of his eye.

"Boy you better take your ass in that room and go play before I pin that tail of yours, boy!!!!" my daddy yelled at Shaun.

"So Matthew, Mr. Matthew. Where do you see yourself, let's say ten years from now, with my Baby Girl?"

Matthew took a long pause.

"Damn, you should know that off the rip son," my daddy laughed.

"There's so much I see, I'm trying to gather those thoughts."

"Well choose quickly boy."

"I see ourselves,  perhaps, engaged and planning on moving in with each other, plplanning the rest of our days together," Matthew said and took my hand.

My dad nodded his head after he took a sip from his beer.

"Very nice,  very nice. You know black girls can be a little crazy, so to be careful who you choose. "

"Oh no, Chaynia isn't crazy one bit."

My dad laughed.

"Oooohhhh, I know my daughter and she ain't wrapped too tight at times,  but son, let me ask you this: What do you see in a black girl like Chaynia? I come from the South and dont no white man just wanna marry a black woman."

Aw hell no, now my daddy was about to get started,  he was out of context with that question.

Matthew clenched his teeth,  I knew that his self was hating me right now.

"Well, I am from the Midwest. In Michigan,  no one really sees color.  I.mean if you see a mixed couple, its nothing but another couple. The south and Michigan are extremely different. "

Daddy nodded his head.

"Mhn boy, here's another question: Have you had sex before? "

Matthew clenched his hands together tightly,  then looked at me then back at Daddy.

"If I denied ever doing it I'd be lying to you sir, yes I have done it before. "

I shot a look at his ass. He NEVER told me that he wasn't a virgin,  after a month you wouldn't have expected that to come out.

"You know sex is like a drug, once you had one hit of it, you'll want another taste. You plan on having sex with my daughter, boy?"

"I mean,  I don't even see her in that way. "

Huwhut? Boy what? Don't see me in that way, my sexy ass, then who was he seeing in that way? Better be some damn porn.

"Boy now I know damn well you lying,  so you tell me ten years down the line the thought won't cross that there mind of yours,  to have sex with my daughter,  either ya lying or ya fucking somebody else."

"I mean,  I--I I just--, "

This damned boy face was redder than a fire truck.

"Y-y you just what boy?" my daddy mocked and I heard Jalisa laughing in the other room.

Matthew took a deep breath.

"I just want to respect your daughter,  she's one of the best people that ever walked in my life and I plan on respecting you as the man that gavee this wonderful girl. Sex or no sex she'll still mean the world to me."

Daddy nodded his head slowly.

"There's something about you boy that I can't put my finger on about you, but I'll figure it out, it could be good or bad, but for now, I'm gon say good, treat my Baby Girl right," Daddy said and shook Matthew's hand.

"Damn boy, you damn near about to have your own reservoir on your hand,  am I that scary?" Daddy laughed and Matthew let a laugh that showed that he was happy that he was happy that. my daddy liked him.

Matthew was going to be the one