27. Begin Route

-Chaynia's POV

"You'll always be my Baby Girl. No matter wha--" Daddy fell to the ground as blood splattered on my face and the sound of five gunshots rang in my ear. I stood there frozen as his lifeless body grew colder and  colder and his newborn spirit rose from his body.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! THIS IS ALL YO--"

I jumped out of my sleep in sweats, gasping for air. This was the fifth night of me having that same dream about my daddy. I missed him so much. It felt weird knowing that he was gone. Not being around to tell Shaun to sit his ugly ass down or poking fun at me for dating a white boy. I sat in my bed with head in hands as tears fell from my face to my arms.

I gathered my composure, cause I ain't no weak bitch and looked at my alarm clock, it was 6:44 in the morning and I had a minute until it went off. Cause today I was going back to school in Atlanta. I was outta school for two weeks cause when I came back to Atlanta my dad's death hit me hard. I was coming back to the place we had memories at.

I played with the chain Matthew gave me and remembered to check my phone.

A prayer from Jalisa to help me heal.
A message from Ryan saying hey (delete).
Yessica and a picture of a new dress
Another message from Yessica
Yessica again
Then...Matthew.

I clicked on the messages and when I opened it, it was two long paragraphs about a dream he had about me, three messages telling me to answer the phone and a ten messages saying I love you.

I put my hands on my face and began crying again. I couldn't take being so far away from him. I flopped back on my bed and laid on my back bawling.

Chaynia, bitch get yourself together you ain't no weak ass bitch.

No, I wasn't.

I gathered myself again, today I was going back to my old high school, John Howard. I hated that school with a fucking passion dawg.

But lows I was happy cause I ain't have to wear no shitty ass uniform like I did in Detroit Public Schools.

I got in the shower and it felt amazing washing away that nightmare and all the rest of the shit I was crying about.

After  I got out, I put on some black joggers a black hockey stripe jersey shirt with white stripes on my arms and at the bottom of the shirt, with two big zeros on the back. I put my hair that frizzed up fro. the shower in a low ponytail that looked wild as fuck and my all black Nike AirMax. I looked like a little boy but I didn't give a fuck, bitch I was still fine.

I grabbed my bookbag and ran downstairs so my mama could see how I looked and I could eat breakfast.

"ChayChay let me see how my baby looking," she said as she spun me around in a circle looking at me. Then she gave my a hug. "One day at a time baby,"she whispered in my ear.

I kissed my mama on the cheek, I forgot how warm her hugs was as well as her voice.

"You have a good day at school and if it starts getting to you call me so I can pick you up, alright Chay Chay?" she asked as she smooth back some frizz on my head.

I nodded my head and headed out the door and walked to my old bus stop down the block and there were three people there waiting for the bus, I could make out that two of them was boys and the other one was a girl. I popped my headphones in my ear cause I did not wanna stand there looking dumb.

I put it on my favorite song for the week "Begin Route" by Kilo Kish cause I was starting over a new route here in Atlanta and I was going starting over by going backwards. Like how the song was.

Like don't you know that feeling you get when you feel like somebody staring a hole into your back? Mane that was the feeling I was getting, I turned around and the people I was standing at the bus stop with start laughing.

Um, what the fuck was so funny ?

"Bro talk to her!!" one of the boys standing there said as he playfully shoved the other boy.

"Right! You over here talm bout how cute she look spit game," the girl joined in.

"Man stop playing y'all play too much," the boy said as he smacked his teeth.
I rolled my eyes and turned my music back on and "White" by Frank Ocean was on, I had to turn from that cause that brought back bad memories.

Isaiah Rashad! Now that was better.

That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was that same boy and his annoying friends again each of them holding an arm.

"My brother Johari said that you cute," the girl said when I looked at them two again they looked like twins, she was just way shorter and a girl.

The other boy cleared his throat for Johari to speak, I stood there and folded my arms waiting for him to say something.

"Hey, what's your name?" he said quietly.

My heart melted. I hadn't felt this way since-- ugh.

"Chaynia," I said reaching out for a handshake, he hesitantly put his soft hand in mine.

"I never saw you around here before," she said as he put his gaze at the ground.

"Yeah, I just moved back here from Detroit, cause my dad died," I said fighting the urge to cry.

He chuckled.

Um, nigga that was nowhere near funny.

"Excuse me?"

His eyes grew big and his face went red through his brown skin.

"No! No! I was laughing cause I'm from Detroit too and my mama died from cancer so my auntie took me and my twin sister in. I wasn't trying to be an asshole." he said nervously

I laughed. He was so cute.

"So where you live at?" I asked.

"Down the street and there go the bus," he said pointing.

Down the steet he said? This was gonna be a trip in Atlanta.

THAT'S NOT AN OFFICIAL PICTUR OF JOHARI BUT IF Y'ALL LIKE HIM LET ME KNOW.