Chapter 2 ~ Tour & Divorce

“God damn it, Louis!” Niall shouts when he sees me throwing the cup to the floor, the contents soilling at my feet. I look at the Irish bloke and shrug. As if I care.

“What?” I ask back, folding my arms over my chest in a defiant posture. Alex is next to him and I feel her green eyes on me. We used to get along so well, it was always fun to goof around with her and she, somehow, always joked along and we laughed pretty hard. She always cooked for me and when I couldn’t stand carrots anymore, she made sure to never have them around again. She made chocolate muffins for me since then.

But Alex is a girl, no matter how tomboyish she is and even if she hates dresses. A girl like Eleanor —I mean, poisonous traitor— and I can’t trust her anymore. What if she does the same thing to Niall? Girls are like that; they can never have enough. You can give them the moon but it won’t be enough, because they will want a star. And I can’t give them a star, no matter how much I want. I can’t. I always thought doing my best was enough, but it isn’t. There’s always someone better.

I look away, not in the mood to hold Alex’s gaze anymore and I only snap out of my thoughts when Niall smack my head rather forcefully. Damn leprechaun, he looks nice and adorable, but he is strong.

“You clean that before Paul yells at us all,” he threatens but I stick my tongue out at him.

“It’s not my fault,” I state matter-of-factly, still with my arms folded. Niall really snorts, like a horse, and that makes Alex giggle. When he quickly looks at her, his expression changes, it softens and I want to puke when I see this. Now it’s my turn to snort and that brings Niall’s attention back to me.

“No shit Sherlock. We saw you, so clean this mess up.”

I frown at him, crinkling my nose in the process and I feel like showing my teeth. Almost like wolves do. Maybe I am a wolf now, a lonely wolf. I need no one. Yes, that’s gonna be my motto now.

“Harry, clean this!” I shout and my curly-haired friend looks up at me with a confused expression. “Yes, it’s your fault. Grimshaw is your friend and he brought that bitch with him and all this is her fault so it’s your responsibility to clean this up.” I step back, ready to leave the room. I know not only Harry but everyone else in the room is looking at me with the same expression.

“But…” Harry protests, but I walk past him.

“Your friend brought her. Your fault.” I repeat and I finally leave the room, grumpier than I was before because remembering my relationship with Alex made me forget for a second about Kay, but now she creeps her way into my thoughts again.

I really loathe her and I don’t understand why she can’t just step aside. I’ve been crystal clear with her, that I don’t want her around yet she always manages to find me and annoy me. And what with all this ‘I’ll make you fall in love with me’. In love with her, my arse. I rather eat carrots for the rest of my life.

What would posses her to say that? It’s completely impossible and why me? Why couldn’t she, oh I don’t know, annoy Liam? He is single, too! Oh come on, there are plenty of single men in the world, why me? What did I ever do to her to deserve this? I just want peace and quiet.

I think I hate her more than I hate the poisonous traitor. She is so annoying, so rude, stupid —because she doesn’t understand I don’t want to see her— and annoying. Wait… I already said that. It doesn’t matter, it needs to be said twice. I don’t understand why the others like her so much, specially the girls. She really gets along with Alex, which is even more annoying.

I need a synonym for annoying.

I take off my mobile to look for synonyms as I walk dawn the halls of the studio. I really want to start the tour already. Kay has a reason to be here just because we haven’t left yet, but once we start with the shows, I won’t have to see her again.