Chapter 22 ~ Deals & Confession

After that display of group affection, we leave to the hotel and I look grumpily at everyone, letting them know I truly despise them for doing that at the airport, especially at Kay; but she keeps blowing kisses at me and winking. She scares me, I’m afraid she may tell everyone what happened, just to make me feel uncomfortable or to accept what happen. But I only want to forget I ever did that, that I actually felt like that, that I kissed her like that.

I tell myself every five seconds that I don’t want her. I don’t want her. I don’t want her.

I can imagine what the paparazzi will tell about what happened at the airport. Kay has been seen with us, but they know she is only part of the crew, much as Alex and Lou, and Paul, and many others. But they saw and got pictures of her taking my hand, of her and Alex hugging me before the lads joined. I’m sure they will start making up rumours of Kay and I. And all because of her. But I try not to worry about that, I can always dismiss gossips. I’m more concerned about what Kay may say. Against my own desires, I have to talk to her, make her promise she won’t tell anyone. Although she may have already told Alex. Damn.

For that reason, after we settle in our respective rooms, I ask Jeannine for Kay’s room number and with a worried expression, she gives it to me. “You’re not going to kill her, are you?” Jeannine asks before I leave and I shake my head, but she doesn’t look at ease.

“Just need to ask her something regarding the documentary. Mere business,” I reply and she lets me go.

I make sure no one notices where I’m going. The lads already saw Kay and I snogging, I don’t want them to think we’re having an affair or something and that’s why I’m going to her room. If she is there. I don’t know. A part of me prays she is not in her room so I don’t have to face her alone. The memories of our night together come to me like flash backs and confuse me, they leave me wanting more but I yell at myself that it will never happen.

When I knock at the door, I’m officially nervous. I tell myself I have to do this, I can’t let her go around without making sure she won’t tell everyone we slept together. This will have to be our secret. Then she opens the door and looks at me surprised, but soon a happy smile appears on her lips, one that slowly turns into a cocky one.

“Louis, what a surprise. Do you need anything?” she asks and they way she looks at me makes my cheeks feel warmer. “Aw, are you actually blushing?”

“Shut up,” I say and look away, but I hear her giggling. “We need to talk.”

“We need to do many things, but okay, talking first. Wanna come in?”

She is only teasing me, only teasing me. I repeat that over and over again as I make my way into her room in this hotel. She follows me and I can feel her, her presence behind me as clear as if she were touching me. I don’t know why I’m so conscious of her and that annoys me, but I can’t help it. It’s like every cell in my body is alert of where she is. And when I turn around, she is staring at me, her everlasting smile on her lips and her eyes sparkling. My heart skips one beat when I see her like that, trying to look innocent, with her hands at her back, her hair falling in that short mess around her pixie features.

Why am I appreciating how beautiful she is? Damn you, Louis! Get a grip! I yell at myself.

“You can’t tell the rest what happened,” I say, trying to focus on what I’m really doing here instead of getting distracted.

“Do you mean that we slept together?” she asks innocently and the way she says it sends me chills down my spine. “You can say it out loud, can’t you?” she is teasing me, she is only teasing me.