Chapter 29 ~ Football & Cheerleading

The lads looked at me like I had grown a second head… or a third one. They couldn’t seriously understand how I ended up asking Davide to play football with us, although for me is the clearest thing ever. I just want to show I’m better than him; I need that. I’ve even looked him up on Google and I’ve learnt a few things about my enemy. He got second place in X-Factor Italy —one place above us so I hate him for that—, he is quite popular here in Italy but he barely have some followers on twitter and he is not even verified —on that aspect I win. So we’re kind of even, and I need to win this game to show I’m better and make Kay feel bad for choosing him.

I have no clue why this is so important. I could’ve done something like this for Eleanor but I never thought of showing her that I was better than Eric. I just gave up. Okay, clam down! It’s not like I’m fighting for Kay’s affections now or something stupid like that, I just have pride, okay?  My male ego is pushing me to do this. I don’t want Kay following me around but I want her to know she chose a loser over me.

She really makes everything so confusing… I feel like it doesn’t even make sense in my head.

“I don’t feel like playing…” Liam complains and he kind of looks bad. He has dark bags under his eyes and he is very pale, although his cheeks are flushed. Maybe he has a fever. “Can Josh play for me?”

“But the game is tomorrow, maybe you’ll feel better by then!” I insist. I need my mates with me for this game! “C’mon, Liam!” I whine. Very mature, I know. No need to point that out.

“I dunno…” He sounds awful, I’m sort of feeling bad myself.

“Okay, let’s see that tomorrow. I’ve settled everything already for tomorrow afternoon before the concert but after the sound-check.” I haven’t been this organised in my life.

“Okay,” Niall, Harry and Zayn agree still a bit reluctant and confused but I smile brightly at them and that makes them laugh. “Although you maybe should replace me, you know?” Harry adds and Niall burst out laughing, not minding he may hurt Harry’s feelings.

“You’ll be a cheerleader, then,” I state and I think Niall just died.

“Okay,” the curly-haired one agrees looking down and Niall is actually rolling on the floor. That boy has issues, it isn’t that funny.

So it’s settled. Tomorrow we’ll face Davide and four other lads from his crew/band/whatever in a football match, that of course, we are going to win. And Kay will regret ever accepting going on that date with him and if she ever dares to come back and beg me again, I’ll just throw in her face how she preferred the Italian singer, although he is a loser.

Life looks brilliant.

+ + + + +

So, Liam got a cold and he needs to get rest if he wants to sing tonight. Of course he won’t play football today with us and I kind of expected that already, but one thing I never expected to happen is the arrival of Tammy. Yes, you heard me right, Tammy is here in Rome with us… well, with Liam to be exact. No, I’m not hallucinating; she is actually here. She apparently came for Liam when she found out he is sick.

We were on our way to the venue to sound-check when Liam stopped at the lobby, saying he was waiting for something. Confused, we stayed behind and saw the moment his face actually lit up —yes, as cheesy as that— and when we turned around, we saw the lead singer of Prodigy walking down towards Liam, a huge smile on her face as she carried a small bag on her shoulder. No one else existed, they were only looking at each other whilst our mouths were hanging wide open. At her sight, Liam even looked better and he rushed to her to grab her in his arms and hugged her tightly. And she hugged him back! And then she —yes, she— kissed him.