Chapter 3 ~ Good News & Bad News

I’m in an excellent mood, like I haven’t been in so long. It’s like the sun is shining for me. Well, it’s summer, the sun is shining… kind of. Anyways, I’m just so happy because in three more days we leave to start with the tour. I miss being in the bus, playing video games as we wait to reach our next destination, goofing around in the venues during sound-checks singing to thousands of people almost every night, the adrenaline rush before the gig and after. It’s when we’re on tour that I remember why I’m in this band, why I signed for X-Factor to start with. I love music, I love singing, I love to be on stage. It’s great to record a new album, the fame, the pay, the trips… but the best part will always be the tour and this one is going to be even greater than the others we had before because this tour is on our terms. It feels like they finally accept what we think and want. Now our opinion matters and we earned that with hard work.

We are going to start with the UK, then we head to the rest of Europe. Then it will be a big break and the rest of the world. Bring it on! I’m ready. The good thing about this tour —the other good thing, I know this tour has loads of perks— is that as we don’t have a show —or two— every day and we practically have every weekend for us, the tour will take longer and this time we take with us another bus with all the recording equipment so we can work on our fourth album on the road.

Amazing, right? I can’t wait.

So I walk with a humongous smile as I make my way towards the conference room. Management has asked us to come to share good news. I don’t know what else can make this tour better, but I’m excited as fuck! When I walk in, Harry, Zayn and Liam are already there, playing with their phones and their heads snaps in my direction when I open —rather loudly— the doors and make my great entrance. I should’ve played something on my phone to make it more dramatic.

“Well, someone looks happy today,” Liam comments still holding his phone and with an easy smile.

I nod energetically and take a sit next to him. “I’m really excited! By the way, where’s Niall?”

“Looking for his car?” Zayn jokes and we all chuckle at his comment about Niall. That boy doesn’t change, always a terrible driver.

“He’s on the toilet. He overslept so he was kinda in hurry,” Liam explains and I nod understanding perfectly. When your body claims for release, you have to listen to it.

Liam goes back to his phone and I see him scroll quickly, stopping from time to time and grimacing sometimes. I lean in closer trying to see what he is looking at and I see he’s on twitter. You can find everything there and maybe the whole thing of his blind date he had hasn’t blown out yet. Yes, that was a disaster. Liam told us that the girl was a total jerk and that he officially hated Grimmy for setting him up with her in the first place. We saw some pictures paparazzi took of them and I haven’t seen two people more incompatible in my life. Nor even Alex and Niall look so different. It’s like Liam and this girl, Tammy I think, are water and vinegar.

We don’t really know who this girl is but Alex made sure to let us know. Tammy is the lead singer in a band called Prodigy, apparently that girl band is the new obsession for her, Mila, Moni, Savannah and Hannah. Even Belle and Phebs quite like them. Alex made us listen to some songs and they are incredible, but I’ll never accept that out loud. They are a band made of girls. Pure evil on stage, plus she was really rude to Liam. She doesn’t deserve praises.

I pat Liam’s back and he looks at me for a second, time enough to whisper, “All women are the same. Don’t worry, you’re better off alone.” He smiles and shakes his head like I’ve just said nonsense, but I’m sure he’ll soon see I’m right about this.