Chapter 5 ~ Charity & Prodigy

Since we did One Way or Another for Comic Relief and it had such a massive success, we realised how much we could help if we actually took part of something. They realised that our help could actually make a big change, as we could influence so many people, and for as long as we could, we had to try. Since then, we’ve been very active members of many charities. Each of us is very involved with one kind of charity. Harry helps all animal associations, Zayn is doing his best with African kids, Niall helps all the charities in Ireland and I support kids with autism. Liam is helping as well, but he hasn’t found his charity yet. I’m sure he will.

Radio BBC1 has started a program for celebrities to visit low profile charities that normally don’t get much attention, then they broadcast everything and that way they make people know of all the wonderful things others are doing to help. I believe it is amazing and really necessary and now that we officially kicked off our tour, it is a good opportunity to visit a new charity. All the media is paying attention to our first shows to see how everything is going, the fans are even more expectant of our movements, so there’s no better opportunity than now.

Today, after two sold out shows in London the past three days and before we head to other cities of the country, we’re visiting the charity You Matter. It’s a charity that helps kids with troubled infancies and awful families. Grimmy told us about it and we accepted immediately. No kid should live a miserable life and if there’s a way to make things brighter for them, we need to help.

The only bad thing about today is that Kay is coming with us as she wants so shoot some scenes for the documentary. And as Kay is coming, so is Alex who still refuses to sign the papers and that insists in calling me husband. Now I understand how annoying I was two years ago. The worst part is that Niall always supports her, always wanting to have her around. I wonder if he will get tired to have her nearby all the time. I know I would, I need my space. And that’s why all women need to be away, I don’t want them to invade my personal bubble like Kay loves to do.

After I pushed her the other day I thought she was going to leave me alone, but she hasn’t. As if, there’s only more determination in her chocolate eyes when she looks at me, like she is plotting something terrible. I’m sure she is. I try to ignore her all the time, but she doesn’t make it easy.

First, she makes sure to stop by Starbucks to grab a frapuccino and a carrot muffin. She makes sure to always sit next to me and I know she only wants me to look at her so she can tell me something, but I always keep my eyes locked on something else. Mostly on my phone, playing FIFA.

But when we arrive to the charity we find a surprise that we never expected. There we not only meet Grimmy and the camera man he brought with him, but also a woman in her mid-thirties with a professional and serious look, and four other girls about our age. One is blonde and really, really fit. She wears these jeans shorts that show her amazing and long legs. The other one has a messy look, her brunette hair falling rebelliously around her features, and she looks tired, sleepy. The other one is a black-haired girl with a very luscious body and the other one is really skinny, with brown-reddish hair in all directions, a perfect mess. They are all playing with kids, smiling and asking questions.

For some reason, they look familiar but I don’t recognise them, though it seems like Alex, Kay and Liam do, so I look at them confused. The girls with the boys look at us confused as well and only then Grimmy notices we arrived and approaches us with his signature smile.

“Lads! And ladies,” he bows his head to Alex and Kay who keep staring at the four girls. “I’m glad you could make it. Oh, let me introduce you to the girls.” Grimmy turns around and waves at the four girls to approach. “Lads, these are Leanne,” —the blonde one— “Emma,” —the one with the luscious body—, “Skyler,” —the sleepy one— “and Tammy. They are in the band Prodigy.”