Chapter 12 ~ Pain & Comfort

When I walk inside the extremely crowded dressing room I don’t only find too many girls around, but I also see how a petite curly-haired girl with fringe and glasses approaches me, and before I can even realise who she is, she knees me in the balls. Just like that! Without saying a single world! She just hits me and I cry out in sheer pain, my hands flying to the wounded zone of my body and curling into foetal position on the floor. I don’t even hear the gasps of surprise; I can’t stop screaming. Oh my God, that hurts!

“That’s for being the bloody arse you are, you dickhead! Do you realise the problems you caused by saying those things to Zayn? What do you think I am? Enough is enough, get your head out of your arse and grow up! We’ve all been heartbroken once, you’re not the first to go through this and we all make it through so stop moaning like a little kid and man up!” she yells louder than I groan in absolute pain.

“Mila, stop,” someone else asks politely and I recognise the voice way too easy, which bothers me even more.

I know it’s Kay.

“Why? He didn’t stop when he said all those things to the guys, did he?” the girl who hit me, Mila, retorts angrily. “I’m tired of his selfishness and immaturity. Childish was one thing, but I’m tired of this immature little twat who can’t be miserable alone, he has to drag others.”

“Zayn, take her out of here,” Kay asks and I’m still on the floor, silent tears escaping from my eyes and I hide my face, I don’t want anyone to see me like this, but the pain is burning, making me see white dots before my eyelids.

Soon I feel a hand on my shoulder, rubbing soothingly. It’s a small hand that touches me so softly and it gives me chills that have nothing to do with the pain that is eating me alive. I don’t do anything, I just let myself be guided. These hands take my head and urge me to rest on a lap and I don’t protest, I curl against this body, my nose buried in the fabric, the feminine and sweet aroma a lullaby to my senses. I hold on to this person who keeps caressing me.

“It’s okay, it will pass,” she says… Kay. She is holding me. “I’m so sorry, babe. I know it hurts, but it’ll be fine in a little while,” Kay adds and I know that if I weren’t in this horrible pain, I would push back or something, but I can’t. I don’t mind it’s her, I hold on to her trying to fight the urge to keep screaming. “Niall, go for some ice patches, please.”

I think I hear some mumbles of agreement, but I can’t be sure. I groan lowly, my hands grabbing the fabric of her dress so tightly—I know she is wearing one, I saw her before.

I know what I told Zayn was wrong in the sense it’s not my business. I still think he should be prepared, but I hurt him and I apologised for that, yet Mila still hit me in the balls. It’s not fair, I did apologise! Now maybe I’m impotent all because of her. I thought Moni was the scary one, everyone says she is the dragon of the group, that if any of us is hurt, she would be the first to step us and kill the one responsible for our pain for us. But this time she didn’t even yell at me, she left that to Mila. Or maybe Moni asked her to take care of me. I don’t know! I just know both of them are scary and dangerous. Stupid women!

“Here, take this,” Niall says, I recognise his voice. I still can’t open my eyes, the pain is too much so I don’t move, but Kay does, carefully and she grabs one of my hands to take the ice patch and guides it to my crotch. It hurts, it hurts so much but the ice helps a bit… just a bit.

“Hold it there, it will help,” she says, still holding me, with my head on her lap. Her other hand takes off my beanie and strokes my hair, which sends relaxing waves through my body that do help me.