Chapter 30 ~ Realisation & Punishment

When I snap at Davide, I hear everyone gasping and Kay glares daggers at me, rage in her chocolate eyes. Of course she would react like that, I’m hurting her new boyfriend’s feeling and that makes me even angrier. Why does she choose him so easily? Uh? What about all those times she told me she wanted me?

“I don’t need your pity. You only won because Niall was distracter!” I shout not caring about anyone else.

“Louis!” Alex scolds me and I look over my shoulder to see how Niall is holding her and looking at me with disappointment. I’ll apologise to him later.

“What? It’s true. If it had been a one-to-one I would’ve won.” I know it would be true… I need to believe it’s true. “This little Italian popstar would’ve never won if it hadn’t been because—”

“Enough!” Kay cuts me off and it makes me so angry that she is angry. “You don’t need to offend anyone here. Grow up, for God’s sake! Dave was trying to be nice, something you don’t know anything about!”

I clench my fists, fighting back the urge to yell at her, hurt because she chose him. “Why do you defend him? Uh? Can’t he talk? I don’t get why you like him, he is just a insignificant wannabe,” I spat between gritted teeth.

Kay breathes in sharply and she is about to say something, but Davide puts his hand on her shoulder and when she looks at him, he says something in Italian and she relaxes, and I hate that. I hate that with a burning passion!

“What? What do you have to say?” I defy him and I see his friends tensing as well, looking at me with disgust. “You’re no one. You’re not even verified!” I know that’s low, but right now I don’t care.

“Idiot,” he says with his thick accent and then he switches to Italian, but Kay translates for him immediately and she is absolutely great, because it feels like he is speaking. “I may not be verified, but I’m certainly not a dick like you. This was just a friendly game but you don’t even know how to take a loss. I may not have millions of followers, but I love all my fans. I do what I love to do because of them and I’ll always be grateful for that. I can live my dream because of them. I saw you the other day at the studio being a complete arse with your fans, those girls crying because they finally could see you and you just ignored them. I would never do that!” he is really mad and although Kay is translating for him, I can almost understand his words in Italian. I feel his emotions in his words. “I love every single one of my fans and I would never take them for granted. I will always remember that they are the reason why I’m where I am right now. You forgot that, you are an arrogant idiot who doesn’t deserve Kay. Because we all know you’re just jealous. If I weren’t seeing someone else already, I would totally love to be the man Kay wants. You’re a humongous moron.”

He stops and we’re both breathing heavily. Kay looks so hurt and she avoids my eyes and I start to feel so insignificant, so stupid. Davide is right, I’ve taken for granted the fans, forgetting that although they have caused me pain, it’s because of them I can do what I love the most: signing. They took my freedom away, but they gave me my dream. And I forgot that just because I couldn’t look past the fact that they are girls.

“If this is what it means to be so famous, I rather stay like this,” he says and there’s no need for Kay to translate, this time he says it in English and there’s so much disappointment in his voice and his thick accent only gives a more dramatic effect.

I feel like a hundred people have slapped me in the face. No, I feel like the whole fandom has slapped me across the face and the pain I feel is only shame for what I’ve done all this time. I— I never should’ve put all women in the same bag. I always knew it was stupid and wrong, but I just didn’t want to blame only Eleanor for what she did. Blaming all women was easier and that’s what I did. But that was wrong and an Italian singer had to come to tell me in the face how much of a twat I’ve been. Someone who doesn’t forget that we owe everything to the fans and it was unfair of me to forget that and only remember the bad things.