Epilogue ~ Happiness & Anniversary

• Dedicated to Kouis Shippers

A year later…

    It’s been so long since that day when I went to Kay’s flat, ready to humiliate myself just to get her to forgive me and give me a second chance. These couple of months have been great. I’ve loved every single moment, even when we fight. Of course we fight, she is feisty, she’s Kay. But she is also forgiving and she’s not as proud as I am. We sort things out and I love making up later; that’s always the best part. However, just being with Kay is amazing, it’s easy, natural. She gives me space and she appreciates her time alone, too, working on her projects, making art. When I’m not around it’s okay because Kay will always be like a bird. She will always fly high, spread her wings and enjoy her freedom, but she’ll also always come back to me. When I’m around she’ll be by my side and we’ll make something special out of every second, even if we only stay in my flat playing FIFA. She’s getting better at that.

I was always afraid that Kay’s free spirit would make things harder but I was so wrong, it only makes things easier considering how demanding my job is. She allows me to go away and do what I have to do without complaining. She understands all this better than I do and she trusts me. Maybe too much. One day, before we left for the rest of the world tour, she talked to me. I remember it clearly.

“I know girls throw themselves at you. I know you’re a man and you have your needs, so these are the rules: never twice with the same person, it has to mean nothing and the most important: always use protection.”

“What are you talking about?” I remember asking her, utterly confused.

“I’m talking about sex. I can’t be with you all the time and I rather put it like this already. I really understand how things are and you’re just a guy. You have limits. As long as it means nothing, it will also mean nothing to me. If you have feelings for another person, then just tell me, okay?” she explained then, shocking me.

“I won’t cheat on you!” I stated, slightly offended.

“It won’t be cheating if it means nothing. It would be part of your job.”

She was staring at me so serious, but I couldn’t believe it. “I won’t need to have sex with another woman, you’re my girlfriend.”

“Yeah, but just in case. I really understand,” she insisted. She stared into my soul and I really could see how she understood this, better than I could and she was okay. Then she kissed me softly. “You’re a super-hot international popstar. Millions of girls want to have sex with you and I get it, it’s okay. Just use protection and never twice or I’ll chop your balls off.”

So she really trusts me. I don’t think any girlfriend would allow this, but Kay has always been special, laid back and maybe too carefree. I don’t think I’ll ever do something like that and although at the beginning I didn’t get it, I do now. This just proves me how much Kay believes in us and trusts me, so much that she doesn’t think something like that could tear us apart. If she didn’t trust me like this, she wouldn’t even mention it.

Kay is definitely unique and I’m the happiest when I’m with her. It’s true we don’t spend much time together, but that’s okay. We make it count, every moment we get. Yes, it still scares me that one day a better guy will show up and try to take her away from me, but I’ll never give up on Kay. I’ll fight for her with all I have because she’s what I love the most in this world.

Today, to celebrate our first year anniversary, I’ve brought her to her favourite place: Paris. The last time we were here things were a bit complicated —and by a bit I mean a lot— and I know she wanted me to come with her, to see the city she loves so much; but I refused. But now we’re here again and things are perfect this time.