Chapter 4 - The Auditions

No one's POV

{At Chanyeol's House}

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair as he thought about what song to sing.

'It needs to be special', he thought aloud, 'I want Kyungsoo to like it'.

Then he had a eureka moment.

Chanyeol's POV

I know what song to sing! It's perfect it's one of my favourite songs, Creep by Radiohead. I hope Kyungsoo likes it, fuck I'm so nervous.

I feel like what I'm doing isn't enough. What if it isn't? I'm playing the guitar and singing, does that show I have talent? I hope so.

No one's POV

Chanyeol practiced until his fingers were sore from playing the guitar and until his voice was hoarse. He was ready for tomorrow; ready to show Kyungsoo what he has to offer. That he's not just an asshole gangster, that he has a kind heart.

----------

No one's POV

{Kyungsoo's House}

Meanwhile Kyungsoo was singing angelically to one of his favourite songs, Nothing On You by B.o.B and Bruno Mars but he obviously wasn't rapping. Kyungsoo had an amazing voice but rapping wasn't his strong point. In fact he couldn't rap at all.

He sat on his bed worrying about the auditions the next day, he would have to sing in front of so many people and more importantly in front of Chanyeol. But why does it matter so much that Chanyeol is there? This is the question that keeps running through Kyungsoo's head. He just needs to be brave and sing the song.

----------------------

{The Next Day}

Kyungsoo's POV

Normal school is closed today because of the auditions. I'm nervous but I know I'll be able to do it. I believe in myself.

I walked aimlessly up to my friends who all looked excited for today's events.

'Are you ready?!' Luhan said excitedly.

'As ready I'll ever be', I mumbled back.

'Don't worry  Kyungsoo! You'll definitely get into the group' Chen smiled and put his arm around me.

I looked up to see Chanyeol staring at me. Actually no he's staring at Chen. Wait. No. He's glaring at Chen.

He saw me looking and quickly turned that glare into a smile and bowed and quickly walked away. What was that about?

I ignored it and followed my friends into the hall where the auditions were being held and checked the rules and the list...

I was second last and Chanyeol was last. The rules say after you have performed you have to walk out and you can home. That means, minus the judges, Chanyeol will be the only one watching.

Chanyeol's POV

All these auditions are so boring and they're all crap. I'll be surprised if any of these lot get through the auditions.

I'm gonna fall asleep it's so boring.

Wait who is that? He has such an angelic voice.
I look up to see Luhan, one of Kyungsoo's friends. Wow. I think he'll get in. I heard he can dance too, he's a talented kid.

Before I know it it's Kyungsoo's turn, all of Kyungsoo's friends were really good, so were Baek, Sehun, Jongin, Kris and Yixing.

Kyungsoo's POV