Chapter 24 - The Mystery Note

Third Person POV

The competition in Incheon was a success, the boys landed a solid first place and were now going on to the national competition. You, the reader, may be wondering why that event was skipped over. It is a very important part of their lives. But, there is a more important thing to discuss.

And that's how Chanyeol and Kyungsoo broke up.

---------------------

Third Person POV

Baekhyun was working hard and was now nearing a healthy weight after around three weeks of recovery. He had done very well considering his condition and Max seemed to have left him alone for now.

Kyungsoo opened his locker to get his maths books for first lesson, when a piece of blue paper floated out onto the ground. He bent down to pick it up, it read:

If you don't want Baekhyun and Luhan to be hurt again, meet me on the field at lunch - alone. If someone comes with you or you tell anyone about this, you won't be seeing your precious friends anymore.
~Anonymous xoxo

Kyungsoo frowned but he knew that he couldn't let his best friends be tortured and further. He knew that he had to do this. He knew that he had to do it alone.

(Flashback)

'Keep an eye on him next time.'

'Lulu, was it, was it - Max ? Sehun asked.

(End of Flashback)

'Morning babe!' Chanyeol swung his arms around his boyfriend as Kyungsoo quickly stuffed the note into his pocket.

'Morning Channie.' Kyungsoo lightly kissed Chanyeol's nose and smiled at him, but his mind was still focused on that note.

'What lesson have you got next?'

'Maths'

'I'll walk you there.'

'You don't have to Channie.'

'Yes I do'

That was how almost every school morning went for Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, the latter always gave in and let Chanyeol walk him to his first lesson. The pair arrived at Kyungsoo's maths class and they shared a short but sweet kiss.

'I'll see you later babe.' Chanyeol smiled and walked off to his Chemistry class.

Kyungsoo sat in his designated seat and fiddled with the cuffs of his blazer, he knew how brutal Max could be and he was just walking into one of his traps. First it was Baekhyun and Luhan and now it was Kyungsoo's turn. He snapped out of his thoughts when Luhan say down next to him, asking about the maths homework. But Kyungsoo wasn't listening because, honestly? Kyungsoo was scared.

------------

Third Person POV

Lunch time came around all too fast for Kyungsoo. He didn't want anyone else getting stuck into this mess so he texted Chanyeol to make sure he didn't come looking for him.

From : Kyungsoo
To : Chanyeol
I need to get a book from the library so I'll be a bit late for lunch :) xxx

From : Chanyeol
To : Kyungsoo
Okay babe, be quick though! I really miss you xxxxxx

Kyungsoo smiled at his boyfriends reply but that smile quickly faded as he found himself near the field. He sighed and opened the door and walked out onto the grass which used to bring him memories of happy times with his friends and Chanyeol but now, it only brings fear.

'You came.' Max's voice was a whisper, Kyungsoo could feel the breath on his neck which meant that Max was all too close to him.

'What do you want.' Kyungsoo said sternly, not letting his guard down to the monster stood behind him, not noticing that there was another figure with him, watching from the sidelines.

'So here's the deal..'

--------------------

Chanyeol's POV

I don't know where I am going, my legs are taking me somewhere.

Anywhere.

I can't even see through my tear filled eyes, the warm liquid spilling down my cheeks as I ran into the unknown.

All I know is that I have to get away.

After what happened, I'll need a lot of healing time.

I don't think I'll ever be happy again.

I thought we were perfect together.

My whole life is a lie.

Who else has been lying to me?

I just want to disappear.

How could he?

------------------

Third Person POV

Both boys sat in their houses, crying their eyes out.

Their parents were sad for them.

Their best friends were sad for them.

Even Max felt a little bad, watching Chanyeol break down on the floor with Kyungsoo not able to look at him. But someone wasn't sad at all.

In fact,

Someone was very happy indeed.

Someone was laughing in a darkened alleyway, imagining the cries of the two boys who just wanted each other.

Someone was thinking of his next strike and who he should target.

After all, he thought, there are still six people left to torture.

---------------

I'M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME  :'(( so, Chansoo weren't happy for long because the mean author-nim made them separate :(( I'm annoyed at myself but everything will sort out in time, don't you worry guys.

Also it would be great if you could read and vote for my new fanfiction First Love - An Astro Fanfiction. Thank you in advance ^^

~Jess