Chapter 27 - Don't

Chanyeol's POV

They said it could be five hours until Kyungsoo woke up. That's five hours until I get to see those gorgeous brown eyes look into mine. Five hours until I can squeeze his hand and feel him return the gesture - five hours until I can kiss his lips and feel him kiss back.

I needed some time, a walk maybe, some fresh air.

Anything to clear my head.

So I turned round the corner of the hospital hallways to find the exit, but I reversed back slightly as I saw the doctor and the nurse that was treating Kyungsoo, and they looked as if they were having an important conversation.

'Listen,' the doctor said to the nurse in a hushed voice, 'we need to take some DNA samples to find out who did this. It's pretty obvious what happened even without asking him. The bruises on and around his bottom, his red thighs, the nail marks on his back, the blotchy eyes. They all point in that direction.'

I felt a wave of rage wash over me, tears brimmed my eyes and I swear I could see red. Will touched Kyungsoo. Will touched my Kyungsoo. Will put his hands all over my boyfriend, somewhere that only my own touch belongs. He hurt Kyungsoo. He hurt my Kyungsoo.

Will raped my Kyungsoo.

The nurses eyes looked panicked as she saw me listening in, she tapped the doctors shoulder and he turned around to see me.

'Chanyeol, wait a second-' he tried to talk to me but I stormed out, ignoring the shouts. 

Around two minutes after running out in anger, all the boys started to call me, leaving desperate voicemails telling me to stay away from Will. But I wasn't going to listen to that. Will had shattered everything that was important to me. Will had taken away the sparkle in Kyungsoo's eyes that I was supposed to look after.

Before I knew what I was doing I was stood in front of Will's house, he still lived in the same shitty place as he had before.

Fists clenched, eyes blurred, cheeks puffy, all ready to beat the living daylight a out of Will and then - my phone rang. I was about to throw my phone angrily across the road because of the number of times they had called me, but right before I saw that the user ID said : Kyungie💖

I quickly pressed the answer key and waited to hear his beautiful voice.

'Don't.' His voice pleaded through the silence on both my side and the receiving end.

'Please just come back and see me. I don't want any fights, I don't want you to get hurt. Just let the police deal with this one just please don't.'

I breathed shakily and listened to the calm words of my boyfriend.

'O-Okay in coming back. But if he doesn't get caught and prosecuted then I'll make sure he'll never see daylight again.'

Kyungsoo thanked me and said that Yixing would be round to pick me up and I should wait outside our school. He woke up a few hours earlier than they expected just because he simply defies everything natural.

--------

Third Person POV

'Come on mate, hop in.' Yixing rolled down the window and called out to Chanyeol, whom was slumped against the school gates.

Chanyeol smiled when he noticed him and got into the seat beside Yixing.

'You cooled off a bit now?' He asked Chanyeol, after they were on the road to the hospital.

'A bit, hearing Kyungsoo's voice made things better but I, I'm still furious at Will. I need a drink.' Chanyeol sighed and put a hand through his hair.

'I thought you'd never mention it.' Yixing pulled into a parking space outside the hospital and reached back for a pack of beers.

'I popped to the store and got these before I picked you up.' He said, grinning at Chanyeol's happy expression, 'Want one?'

'Like hell I do.' Chanyeol breathed heavily and took a beer from his best friend and cracked it open, taking a large gulp, feeling the liquid burn down his throat, relieving him. Yixing did the same, they were both stressed with the days events.

Even though Baekhyun was always partners with Chanyeol in school, like his 'go-to best friend', Yixing was, in a way, just as close with Chanyeol, they just didn't show it in public that much. But, alone in the confinement of Yixing's car, Chanyeol spilled out all his fears, hopes and dreams, and the boy next to him listened diligently, in turn Chanyeol did the same for him.

A can of beer later, the boys decided it was time to get out of the car go inside.

'I love you bro, remember that.' Chanyeol smiled at his best friend and pulled him in for a hug.

'And I love you back bro, remember that.' Yixing smiled back and the pair shared a bro fist before they walked into the hospital room where Kyungsoo was, Chanyeol wrapping his arm tightly around the boy that always listened.

---------

I know this is quite short but I wanted to update ~.~ I got a bit of bromance in this one, the next chapter will be full of romance.

So also I started a new fanfic called Is This Reality? (Hunhan) so if you're a Hunhan fan you're welcome to go give it a read. I know I have three fanfics going at the moment but as this one is ending soon, I wanted another exo one to get going on and the astro fanfic is slow because there aren't many people into astro yet (although aroha is already quite a big fandom ><)

Also I changed my name from @exo_bts_phan to @inspiroha-l bc I didn't like the last name idk it got boring.

~Jess