Chapter 29 - The Past and The Future

Chanyeol's POV

'It's been 6 years today since you left, I honestly don't know how I made it Taemin. Actually, I do. I made it because of my loyal best friends who refused to give up on me and let me waste what we created together. I made it because of them and I cannot thank them enough. And then I met Chen. Chen made me live again, for the first time in these six years, I've actually wanted to live because I have a purpose. I need to be here for Chen and I need to be here for my friends. It seems like I won't be joining you as soon as I once hoped but honestly that's not what I wish for anymore because I know that you'd want me to be happy and live for once in my life. I promise we will meet again one day..just not for a while. But keep watching over us, yeah? Laugh with us and smile with us. We love you, I love you Taeminnie.' Jongin's voice rang out through the graveyard that the twelve of us were stood in, gathered around Taemin's grave.

'Yeah..we miss you bud, I hope you're proud of us.' I smiled sadly and pat Jongin on the back.

Everyone said some words to Taemin, and Kyungsoo, Suho, Chen, Tao, Luhan and Xiumin put down some flowers whilst Jongin, Kris, Sehun, Yixing, Baekhyun and I put down Polaroids of us and Taemin together.

'Let's not feel sad for too long, Taemin wouldn't want that. Why don't we get some bubble tea and snacks.' Yixing suggested.

'Yeah..I think Taemin would love that.' Jongin smiled down at his feet shyly, Chen kissed his cheek lightly to cheer him up.

'Come on babe.' I whispered into Kyungsoo's ear and back-hugged him, 'let's get some snacks then,' and I kissed his head gently, I could feel his little face heat up.

'Aiish, don't embarrass me Channie.' Kyungsoo pouted innocently, I poked his puffed cheeks. God he's so cute.

'Come on love birds! We're hungry.' Baekhyun chuckled over at us, which would've made me mad previously but hearing him say that he's hungry and wants to eat honestly makes me smile so much.

'Come on then, we best do as Baekkie says.' Kyungsoo giggled and ran over to Baekhyun and they jumped around together like little kids.

-----------

Third Person POV

'Baozi's!!!!! I want baozi's!' Xiumin shouted.

'No! Fried chicken!!' Jongin cried.

'I WANT BOTH.' Sehun yelled, the three of them gaining the attention of everyone in the café.

'Okay, okay. We get it, Baozi's and fried chicken. What else? You guys want some ramen as well and then bubble tea?' Kris asked trying to sort orders out.

'Can we have kimbap as well?' Kyungsoo asked.

'Of course we can.' Chanyeol kissed his boyfriends nose and the latter giggled.

'Get a room guys!' Tao cried, Kris proceeded to peck his boyfriends lips.

'Ah so you don't mind if you're on the receiving end do you now.' Kyungsoo poked fun at his best friend. Although Tao was the last to join their group of friends, they were still as close as the others. Kyungsoo remembered that Tao was a nervous little boy at the beginning of year nine. He just moved over from China and knew basic Korean, Kyungsoo and his friends looked after Tao and they soon became close.

Kyungsoo had known Luhan and Xiumin since they were two years old, they met at pre-school. Luhan's parents moved to Korea whilst his mother was pregnant with him, so growing up in Korea meant his Korean was fluent, whilst also speaking his native language of Mandarin. Xiumin and Kyungsoo befriended each other straight away, and they took Luhan under their wings because at the time his Korean was more limited than theirs.

Then at the beginning of high school in year seven, the three met Suho and Chen whom had known each other since they were young. They gathered together due to similar interests but when it came to finding a partner in class, because there was an odd number there was always one left out until Tao joined.

As for the elder six, as you know, they grew up together with Taemin and Will. The eight of them met in the first year of lower school, they were four years old. Their teacher prepared a game for the class to help them bond in which they had to choose a partner. Jongin was with Taemin, Chanyeol with Baekhyun, Kris with Yixing and Sehun with Will. That's why Sehun was so greatly affected by Will betraying them, when he was confronted with his ex best friend in the canteen - he couldn't handle seeing Will's face again. The four pairs of boys quickly became close and continued to do everything together.

Kris and Tao came back with everyone's snacks, 'here you go love birds.' Tao rolled his eyes playfully and handed Chanyeol and Kyungsoo their boxes of food.

The twelve boys ate and finally laughed and had fun together, for the first time in a while. At that moment in time there was nothing on their minds, nothing pressing that made them feel down, any essays or exams were forgotten and life was enjoyable

'Babe, your phone's ringing.' Tao tapped Kris' shoulder.

Kris picked up his mobile quickly, 'hello?'

Kris smiled, 'Oh it's you! Hello Ms Wan.'

'Actually yes we are.... The dance studio?.... Yes sure....okay, we'll be half an hour.' Kris finished the phone call.

'What was that about?' Sehun asked.

'Ms Wan wants us in the dance studio, so let's go, we can finish our bubble tea on the bus.'

'On a Saturday??? Why?' Kyungsoo questioned the leader.

'I'm not sure Kyung, let's go find out.'

'Alright, come on guys.' Chanyeol grinned and grabbed his boyfriends hand.

----------

Kyungsoo's POV

'Boys! Come in, come in.' Ms Wan beckoned us into the dance studio.

We all clambered into the room, smiling and greeting Ms Wan.

'Ms Wan! How come we're here on a Saturday?' Kris asked her.

'Well, I wanted you guys to meet a friend of mine, Kim Jaewon.' Ms Wan said and dragged a man in his thirties forward to greet us.

We bowed to Jaewon and greeted him politely, 'Hello, sir.' Kris smiled politely and shook hands with Jaewon.

'Hello, you must be Kris. Your teacher here has told me a lot about you because you tend to be in charge of these boys.'

'That is quite true.' Kris laughed and scratched the back of his head.

'Are you all couples? You boys look cute together.' Jaewon smiled sweetly showing his deep dimples.

'Ah, yes we are sir. This is my boyfriend, Kyungsoo.' Chanyeol dragged me forward and introduced me, making me blush incredibly.

'Yes, he's the one with the stunning honey vocals. And your name young man?'

'My name is Chanyeol, sir.' He grinned.

'Chanyeol, your rapping is very powerful, your vocals are beautiful and raspy and your guitar skills are wonderful.'

Chanyeol blushed majorly, 'Thank you sir.'

'I'm sure you're wondering how I know these things, I watched you perform in Incheon. You guys were incredible.'

'Thank you sir.' We all spoke.

'So here's the deal.' He spoke.

'My boss happens to be Lee Soo Man of sm entertainment...would you guys like to be signed?'

------------

I finally got back to updating! I hope you guys like the chapter, next chapter is the last official one (not counting bonus requested chapters or the epilogue).

A big thank you too @HopeFolera for making the new cover for this story! I really appreciate it, it's a beautiful cover :)

~Jess