Chapter 22 - I Promise You

Again, some sensitive subjects are discussed.

Kyungsoo's POV

'Max.'

Alarms bells went off in my head, how had Max been doing this!? When did it happen?? What did he do? Where is he now? I swear to god I'm going to kill him.

'H-How long has this been going on?' My voice shook, terrified of the answer that was about to fall from his lips.

'Around six months..but it didn't start getting to me until the past couple of months. B-but really - I'm fine.' He reassured us both and tried his best to smile.

'We'll have to weigh you and see if you've got enough nutrients.' The nurse said, indicating for him to go to the scales. As he stood up, his legs gave way and he sunk down to the floor, unconscious for the second time today. The nurse rushed forwards to check him over, placing her fingers to his wrist to get his pulse.

Her face showed pure panic, 'we've still got a pulse but it's weak and slow - call an ambulance.'

My whole body felt numb and I tried to assure myself that he was going to be okay. I shakily walked over to the phone and dialled for the ambulance . After I'd given the details I picked up my own mobile to call Chanyeol.

'KYUNGSOO WHERE ARE YOU TWO? IVE BEEN SO WORRIED!!' He shouted down the phone.

I breathed and tried to stay calm, 'you guys need to make your way to the hospital,' I said whilst the paramedics came in to carry Baekhyun to the ambulance - they were extremely fast which was a good thing.

'WHY!?!?!'

'Baekhyun collapsed again and his heartbeat dropped low, just make sure you get there quick.' I spoke and got into the ambulance to accompany Baekhyun in his semiconscious state.

'Oh shit...okay.' I heard him sigh and I could sense him running his hand through his hair in concern.

'We'll be was quick as possible.' Chanyeol said and I hung up so I could pay attention to Bakehyun.

-----------------------

Chanyeol POV

Kyungsoo curled up against me in his sleep, trying to get comfy on these hard, plastic hospital chairs. I wrapped my arms around him to keep him close, subconsciously thinking that he might disappear from my life, which I would not be able to bear. My world without Kyungsoo would be hell. It had been hell before he arrived. I had friends, admirers, people loved me but I didn't have anyone to love. But now, I have Kyungsoo. And I will never let him go. My eyes travelled over to my best friend of forever; Byun Baekhyun. Lying on a hospital bed because I failed to realise that he never ate or even looked after himself. I listened to the slow yet constant beeps of the heart monitor. The doctor said he should be fine but he will wake up in a few hours. I looked to my right, Suho hadn't stopped crying since we left for the hospital; he and I were the only ones that hadn't slept yet. His cheeks, tear stained and his eyes, puffy and bloodshot. I removed one of my arms from around Kyungsoo and wiped Suho's cheeks with the sleeves of my blazer, whilst a tear ran down my own cheek. I wrapped my arm around him, 'He's gonna be okay, we just have to look after him, yeah?' I muttered to him a smiled softly.

'I'm sorry I didn't look after him...people thought that because I was younger I was the fragile one...I'm sorry.' Suho choked out his words and more tears fell.

'It's okay, it's not your fault. It's no ones fault but the demons in his own head.' Xiumin said, just waking up from his sleep.

We've been here for five hours but everyone refuses to leave him. His family is away for business so he has no one else, and even if they were here I wouldn't be able to leave him. I felt Kyungsoo stir in my arms and his eyes slowly opened as a yawn escaped his lips.

'You alright babe?' I asked and pecked his cheek.

'Yeah, yeah I'm fine.' He mumbled sleepily.

Everyone else was still asleep, it had been a long day, we got here a one in the afternoon and it's now six.

'Come on guys, let's get some food from the cafe to take our minds off things.' I suggested.

'O-okay, sure, I'm sure he'll be okay if we go downstairs to the cafe for five minutes.' Suho agreed whilst still shaking.

I helped Kyungsoo up as he was still half asleep and Xiumin held Suho's hand and we walked out of Baekhyun's hospital room.

'Hey babe, did I just hear Lulu?' Kyungsoo asked as we turned the corner. I listened out a low and behold, I heard a voice screaming and crying that sounded like Luhan. We all followed his voice, in the direction of the toilets.

'SEHUN! Just open the fucking door!' Luhan banged on the toilet door, his fist raw from hitting the door.

'Luhan, come on, stop, you're hurting yourself.' Kyungsoo held onto Luhan and tore him away from the door.

As soon as those words were spoken, a blotchy eyes, bloody clothed Sehun came out of the cubicle and his eyes scanned over Luhan.

'Luhan you hurt yourself please don't do that - I never want to make you hurt yourself...' Sehun held Luhan's injured hand and kissed it softly.

'Lets get you checked up, yeah?' Sehun said to Luhan and helped him up.

'Sehun - you're the one that needs checking up.' Luhan said sternly and looked at his boyfriend up and down.

'I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING AND NOW MY BEST FRIEND IS LYING IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL BED.' Sehun cried and screamed, falling to his knees.

I looked down at my own boyfriend to see him crying hysterically.

'Kyungsoo, shhhhh, Kyungsoo are you okay? Look it's okay babe.' I whispered to him and held onto him tightly and covered his eyes so he didn't have to see all the blood.

Xiumin and Suho went to get a doctor and Sehun was escorted away to get cleaned up, and stitches if needed.

'C-Channie please don't ever do that to yourself. Please. Promise me.' Kyungsoo looked helplessly into my eyes but still spoke sternly.

'I promise you.'

-----------------------

The next chapter will be more happy I promise!!!! Sorry if this is too sad for you guys :(((

~ Jess