Chapter 30 - This Is Our Life {Epilogue}

Kyungsoo's POV

Here I am, sat in the departure lounge for flight 201 to Los Angeles, America. Wondering how I got here? Well here's the story.

(2 weeks ago)

'I sent one of my finest employees to tell you about the offer and I was delighted that the twelve of you wanted to be signed.' Lee Sooman spoke to us formally but yet with a touch of friendliness.

'As are we, delighted with the offer.' Kris thanked Lee Sooman and shook his hand gently.

'Now that you have all signed the contract, we better start working on your debut, as you already seem to be trained up we can start work on the debut single immediately! Chanyeol, Yixing, rumour has it you're good at producing music and lyrics. Do you think you could work with our producers to come up with a killer debut song?'

'Of course we can, sir, after a bad time in our lives we started producing a lot of music together, I'm sure we still have some stuff up our sleeves.' My boyfriend smiled at our new boss.

'Okay, the rest of you we can't really do anything like choreography until the song is ready so you can help the boys with lyrics and you can just generally practice. You have some free time to work on your own talents.' Lee Sooman told us, we had been enrolled into sm entertainment fully, we would have lessons here instead of school.

'Let's look around.' Chen spoke, but as he did Jongin stopped and looked at a display the wall.

'What are you looking at babe?' Chen called from the edge of the room.

Sooman looked at the display and smiled sadly,'Oh! What a boy he was.' Sooman pointed to a petite boy pictured with the members of SHINee, whom looked so young they were almost unrecognisable. 'That boy was a wonder, he was. He danced amazingly. Actually Jongin, as coincidence has it, he reminds me a lot of you.'

'I remember he always used to talk about his best friend and how he wanted to introduce him to me, he was excited about it like a twelve year old would be. He spoke highly of his close friend and said he was extremely talented, he was going to introduce him to me that day but then something unspeakable happened.'

'His name was-'

'Taemin.' Jongin finished.

'You knew him?' Sooman inquired.

'I'm Taemin's best friend.' Jongin smiled sadly at our boss.

'Oh Jongin I'm so sorry. He was an amazing boy. I'm glad I finally got to meet and work with his best friend. I'm sure he'd be proud of you.'

Jongin smiled, 'I'm sure he's watching us all now. So does this mean he was supposed to debut in SHINee?'

'Yes, originally there was to be five members but..no one could replace Taemin. The boys said they would rather it was just the four of them than a new fifth member...because they missed Taemin too much, he was too special - irreplaceable.'

'He truly was.' Jongin grinned, 'I hope I can meet SHINee soon, I would like to find out more about what he was like whilst being a trainee.'

I smiled at Jongin's care for Taemin. Even after his death he still wanted to know everything's about him and make sure he had fun whilst training.

'Baek,' Chanyeol popped his head round the door, 'can we borrow you? We'll need some help with the high notes when we're recording a demo song.'

'Sure Chan!'

'Take care of him.' Suho shouted after Chanyeol.

(The next day)

'Babe!!!!! Guys!!' Channie shouted and ran into the practice room followed by Baekhyun and Yixing.