Dirt Bikers

I was getting ready to let go of the throttle, sitting on my dirt bike at the starting line. All the noise faded as soon as I heard the pistol go off for the start of the race.

****

"One damn race and you couldn't even do that!? I knew this whole becoming a lesbian thing would eventually end up damaging your career!" I stopped listening to my father's rambling when I noticed an orange bike entering the motor tents. I kept waiting for the guy to take off he helmet so I could see who finally beat me in a race. There was just something about this person that made me curious for some reason.

My eyes widened extremely when the driver took off the helmet, shaking her head rigorously to let the wind through it. I felt like everything was in slow motion. That girl could have been in a commercial for an expensive shampoo line, the way she shook her hair around.

She was gorgeous, from her long brown waves to her pointy and cute little button nose to her full lips, all the way down to her small but nicely rounded breasts from what I could see in my line of sight. I didnt know how but I just knew that I had to have her.

Blocking out the look of anger on my father's face, I jumped off the bike and made my way to the mysterious girl on the orange bike.

I couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by the group of friends she was surrounded by. There was a large but pretty blonde wearing a snapback; a very attractive dark skinned girl and a short cute smiley brunette.

Usually I'm not intimidated by anyone or anything but I'd never felt this way before, it felt like my throat was clamping down and the air was restricted somehow.

Her tall friend noticed me walking over and nudged the winner who was still sitting on top of her bike. The girl looked over at me and shot me a quick sneaky smile with just a little teeth. God she was gorgeous.

"Congratulations." I said, smiling a little nervously.

The girl didn't reply, she just looked at me and it made me feel a little awkward. Until a shove to the girl grabbed my attention. "Dawg! When the champion is in front of you, congratulating you, you're supposed to reply!!" Said the tall girl once again.

"Actually, your friend here is the champ now, she took my title just an hour ago" I said, hoping to light mood. "I'm Lauren" I said, extending a hand.

"Camila."

As soon as our hands touched I never wanted to let go; her hands were soft and delicate and not at all what I was expecting from a dirt biker.

I caressed the back of her knuckles with my thumb absentmindedly while keeping eye contact. Our staring contest was broken by her dark skinned friend pulling her to an interview. She got off her bike and made her way into the press tents, while sneaking a few glances behind her at me.

***

After I had done a few interviews and had my picture taken I went back to my own tent to pack. The trip to morocco for the race hadn't been in vain; yes I ended up losing and my father was pissed to the max, but this is an incredible city and the view was amazing. And not to mention a certain brunette I couldn't stop thinking about.

"Knock knock" I heard someone say behind me but I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

With a smile on my face, I turned around and greeted Camila. "Hey you."

She smiled bashfully and entered my tent, closing the curtains slightly.

"I just wanted to congratulate you; you were great out there," she complimented.