Wedding Gifts

Camila pressed the button on the key-fob and locked the doors to her brand new, powder blue little Fiat 500. She smiled as she stuffed the keys into her very small clutch bag and thought to herself how pretty both her car and the bag were.

The car had been bought just two weeks previously. Camila had been earning decent money for a year now but was still living with her parents (not to mention her little sister) and had been able to buy the car for herself. It was an expensive treat but she figured that she deserved it for her patience over the past year. Plus, it wasn't like she was going to be able to move out to a place of her own anytime soon.

Truth be told there was not much going on in Camila's life right now. Her friends had slowly fallen into couples and didn't spend as much time with her, while others had moved away and stayed away. She yearned for something different, some excitement, someone to take her breath away and help her escape from her repetitive environment.

She was shaken out of her thoughts by the arrival of another car as it pulled up at the opposite side of hers. Camila realized it was the same model as hers, however it was being parked much more aggressively as it rolled into the parking space and the brakes were slammed on with a screech. If that wouldn't have been noticeable enough, then the fact that the car was a pretty garish shade of yellow would have completed the job.

The door to the yellow car flung open and a tall, dark-haired girl emerged from within. She was wearing a light black pencil dress. It had a crew neckline, however the top part of it, the yoke, was lace. It also had two further lace sections in the hem just above the girl's knees. Camila guessed the girl was in her mid twenties, maybe a couple years older than herself. She had also decided very quickly that the girl was very, very beautiful.

The girl leant back into the car to pick her bag up off the passenger seat and Camila couldn't help but notice how the dress hugged to the contours of the girl's body as she did so. Suddenly the door slammed shut and the girl had turned and spotted Camila's staring.

The girl smiled knowingly at Camila as she walked towards the rear of the parked cars. Camila could feel her cheeks beginning to burn with mild embarrassment. However, before that could build for too long, the girl broke the silence.

"Nice shoes!"

Camila looked at her confused for a second before looking down at her feet where she saw that she was still wearing the white Converse she used for driving in. She didn't want to wear the heels that she had bought for the wedding as they certainly weren't suitable for driving and had almost walked into the church with her Converse on.

"Oh shit," she let out in an embarrassed fashion, "I, er, forgot to put my heels on!"

The girl grinned wildly

"You mean you weren't pioneering a new look?"

"Well," Camila said as she opened her car again and reached for her shoes that had been sitting in the trunk, "not intentionally. Thank you for pointing it out. That could have been even more embarrassing than it was anyway."

The girl could sense Camila's discomfort and embarrassment and decided to move the conversation forwards.

She looked over Camila's red dress. It gathered at the waist and had fold shoulder detailing. It had bias cut ruffle that draped all the way down to the hem, and closed with a concealed back zip. She thought to herself how very pretty it was.

"I love your dress by the way," said the girl.

Camila had, by now, managed to force her feet into the matching black heels she had been intending to wear to complete her outfit. She closed her car once again and let out a deep sigh.