2 // Who Did This to You?

You stepped into the apartment you shared with your best friend, Mark. You had just come home from college, being in a bad state. You had gotten into a fight with a girl, her packing a punch, giving you a black eye, a couple scratches on your face, and bruises on your arms.

You went to the bathroom, contemplating going and telling Mark about it. You decided you would, still a little scared.

You walked quietly to his recording room, tilted your head down so your hair was in your face, and opened the door. Mark had a scared expression on his face – most likely from the game he'd been playing – that turned to a worrisome frown when you walked in. 

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asked, taking off his headphones and coming to your side.

You nodded, still not looking up, and pulled your arms in. 

"Y/n, look at me, please," he said softly, gingerly pushing your hair away from your face to reveal a deep gash. "Who did this to you? Y/n, please, would you look at me?"

You raised your head, your (e/c) eyes meeting his beautiful chocolate brown ones that you had fallen in love with a while ago, just never admitted to it. 

"Oh my god, Y/N. Come here." He started pulling you towards the bathroom, probably on the verge of tears, judging by the sniffles he made.

When you two finally got there, he sat you down on the toilet and began working on your face. "Mark," you whispered, getting his attention, his hand stopping on your cheek. "I'm okay," your voice was a little quieter than the first time. Mark shook his head, but didn't move his hand from your cheek, just looked at your eyes.

"Y/n," he started, his thumb starting to caress your cheek, "please tell me what happened."

You hesitated, not wanting to seem like a weak-link in front of Mark. "I-I," you averted your eyes from Mark's, looking down at the floor. "I got in a fight with some girl and she threw more punches than I could block, an-and-" Mark cut you off, pressing his finger to your lips.

His eyes were red upon hearing your scared tone, worry swimming in the chocolate irises. Of course, he was silently wishing he could've been there to protect you, but he wasn't.

"Okay, Y/n, look at me," you raised your eyes to look at him, "it's okay. You didn't know she would do that, so it's okay." 

You shook your head, voices in your head saying you were weak and vulnerable. Mark stopped you again, this time placing his soft lips on yours. The thoughts in your head went away, everything but Mark and his lips on yours leaving your mind.

After you both pulled away, Mark put his forehead up against yours and pulled you down into his lap. "I love you, Y/n, so much," your heart fluttered at the sound of those words coming out of his mouth, "I'll always be here, and you're never going to get hurt again."

"I love you, too, Mark."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Sorry about the bad One-Shot.

They will be getting much better, I promise!

─oh, they're still crap, self. still crap...