61 // Our Baby Boy 1.2

would you guys like to see a series of these? I kinda like writing them. idk, tell me what you guys think.

──────

"Daddy! Daddy!" Acer's small voice could be heard throughout the entire house as he called out for his dad, catching even Chica's attention. Mark took his headphones off, listening for the sound for a couple seconds until putting one finger up to the camera and racing down the hall to his son's room. "Daddy! Look what I built!"

Whatever his son had built – he couldn't really tell – looked like it was something special to him, so Mark smiled and clapped, "Good job!" Acer let out a giggle, something that made both you and Mark's heart flutter and asked Mark to build with him. "Alright, what'cha wanna build?" With that, the two boys started to build something they considered a masterpiece out of Legos and wooden blocks.

You walked in the house, setting down your bunch of sacks from grocery shopping and calling out to them, "C'mon boys! I got food!" Although they may have been building something vital to human existence, food seemed to matter more than anything in that moment, and they both raced down the stairs. Acer stopped to give you a hug on your leg before going out to the car and Mark stopped and gave you a kiss on the lips before also going to the car.

You laughed at the two, only making your need to pee all the more prominent since the moment you were halfway home from the shop. Making your way upstairs, you started to hear a laughing Mark and a flying Acer – which was when he made the sounds of wind and held his arms out – entering the kitchen and placing the bags on the floor before going out to get more. Laughing once more, you were cut short, well, by the obvious and just went with the hallway bathroom.

Within a few seconds, you were done, and was headed downstairs before you were stopped by the two brick walls known as your husband and son, and even though Acer was only three, he was up to your thigh, which wasn't the best thing in the world when he wanted to give you a bear hug while you were walking. 

"Oof! Jeez, guys," you wheezed out, Mark only squeezing you tighter, "let Momma go put up the groceries, and maybe the two of you can have a snack." They both let out a yay, letting you go and racing back up the stairs almost as fast as they came down.

Mark had given the small four-year-old a little headstart in their little Father and Son race by giving you a soft peck on your nose and lips, giving you one last hug and saying, "Love you, baby." You smiled, a little red tint coming to your cheeks, which happened with every little thing Mark did when he kissed you or called you by a nickname, and headed toward the kitchen to put the food up.

A couple minutes later, once everything was put in its rightful place, you called out to the boys once more, grabbing a few Oreos for the both of them out of their package – you had your own hidden one – and splitting them up almost evenly, but giving Mark a couple more, and holding them out in your hand. Within seconds, the Oreos were out of your hands and the boys were up on the counters while enjoying their handful.

Acer was in Mark's lap, laughing wildly at something Mark had said, and eating his oreo. The one thing about those two was that Acer was a spitting image of Mark, just with a couple things that looked like you – which was basically Mark and your eye color swirled in his eyes and the mix of dark brown and (h/c) of his hair – and when he laughed, he did the same thing that Mark did: closed his eyes to the point that they were practically gone because of their almond shape.

You turned around, going to your little space in the living room and grabbing the Polaroid camera Mark had gotten you for your birthday on the second year the two of you started dating and took it into the kitchen, happy to see that Acer was still laughing hysterically and Mark was trying to balance the oreo on the tip of his tongue.

Pulling the camera up toward your eye, you got it at the right position and snapped the shot, the bright flash of the camera catching Mark off guard and making him drop the well-balanced oreo from his tongue and onto the floor. "Y/n! You made me drop it!" He started to pout, which only made Acer laugh harder, and you start to giggle until you were matching Acer's point of laughing.

The picture had slipped out of the bottom during your laughter, and when Acer saw it, he asked if he could be the one to shake it. You nodded, still laughing and handed him the picture, watching as he furiously shook the picture in his small hand. 

Mark had stopped pouting and looked down at his son, smiling fondly when he saw the same face of concentration he got when he played video games, with the exception of Acer's tongue sticking out, which seemed to be something he had learned from you.

"Yay! Mommy! Look! I got a picture!" You gave a little clap, letting out a small yay, and looking at the formed picture. It was a perfect moment, and with the tint you had put on the polaroid when you specially ordered, it came out black and white, which seemed to fit the picture perfectly. 

The oreo was just on the tip of Mark's tongue and Acer was laughing, holding his Oreos up in his hand, while Mark's own hands were wrapped around Acer's waist and trying to cheat to keep the oreo up.

You showed Mark the picture, picking Acer up from his lap and giving your son a kiss on the cheek. From the eventful day he had, he was getting tired and he started to fall asleep against your chest. You started to rock him in your arms, resting your head on his and singing softly to nod him off. It seemed like that was all it took because he was out like a light within a couple of minutes.

"My baby boy," you whispered, kissing his forehead. 

"Our baby boy," Mark corrected, walking over to you and wrapping his arms around your waist with Acer in the middle of you two. You were both looking down at his sleeping figure, a small fond smile on your faces and love filling your heart.

For Mark, he couldn't have been happier at the fact that he had the two of you to hold and cherish as a family, and be able to say that he was the husband of such a beautiful woman and the father of such a handsome devil like Acer.

For you, well, it was simple. You were the happiest you had ever been, and when you laid your head on Mark's chest while still cradling Acer in your arms, you were filled with content. Mark pulled out his phone, sticking his arm out and kissing your head while taking a picture. It was a beautiful photo, including the whole family, and the sweet moment Mark was having with the two of you.

Happiness. That was what it felt like. That was what it was always going to be like.