89 // Things You Said...

the format for this one will be a little like the 'random bits for ya.' just a bunch of prompts with little excerpts that i thought of when i saw them. enjoy :D

───────

...after you kissed me.

Mark's lips detached themselves from yours, his forehead resting against your own while his brown eyes were cloaked by his eyelids. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you like that."

You were both breathless from the kiss he spoke of, having had a full-on makeout session as the first liplock of your relationship. With your said breathlessness, your giggle came out airy and ghostly, but he heard it nonetheless. He smiled to himself, opening his eyes to see your lips tugged up like his own.

"God, I can't wait to kiss you like that every day for the rest of my life."

...when you thought i was asleep.

Your eyes fluttered closed, your thoughts clouded by the fights shared between you and your boyfriend from a couple hours prior. Your best friend, Mark, hadn't heard of the fights until your he came over to surprise you – to which you were grateful – only to be greeted with your boyfriend being kicked out of the apartment.

As a good friend, he stayed with you, comforting you and spending some time with you. Once it was a little later in the night, you had decided to go to bed, telling Mark he could stay in the guest bed if he stayed the night.

You heard the door creak open, but decided to stay still and do your best to just sleep while Mark walked into the room. "Hey, y/n. I know you're asleep and all, but I wanted to tell you something. It's something I've wanted to get off my chest," he took in a deep breath, letting it out with a sigh and continuing.

"Well, what I've been wanting to tell you is that I, well, I want us to be something more. I want us to be something we're not and probably will never be. I can't tell you that when you're awake 'cause I'm afraid you'll shoot me down like there's no tomorrow. Call it stupid, call it a petty crush, but it's the truth. I just want us to be together, I want to be the one who holds you at night, I want to be the one who kisses your lips every day, who get's to see you right next to me in bed every morning."

He chuckled, the sound of his hand rubbing across his face and a quiet groan filling the stale silence in the room. You wanted to turn around, you wanted to say something, but you didn't.

"It feels good to get that off my chest," he dryly chuckled, "but it isn't how I pictured doing it. Ah, anyway, I'm probably gonna head home. Love you, y/n." You felt the bed move around you, then his soft lips on your temple. His soft footsteps got quieter and quieter until the sound of your door closing sounded.

...with no space between us.

He held you against his chest, your bodies pressed together with absolutely no space between. You were standing in the kitchen, the television on in the living room filling the white noise around you. "God, you're just, you're just everything I've ever hoped for. Goddamn, how did you do it?"

He leaned down and kissed you, the liplock sweet and soft. He wasn't hasty in his movements, instead slow and steady, making sure to cover every inch of your lips with his own. Pulling away, he kissed your nose then your forehead before pulling you closer than humanly thought possible. "I just love you so much, y/n. So goddamn much."

...after it was over.

You were broken, that was obvious. But you knew you could heal, it would just take some time. The man that sat across from you was in the same state, his normally bright chocolate brown eyes dull and sad.

"I don't think we should've ended it, y/n. I think we could've done something to fix us." You shook your head, knowing that wouldn't be the case.

"Mark, everything we had was already in shambles. We weren't what we used to be, as sad as it is. I wish it weren't the truth, but you know it is."

"Fuck," he swore, his voice barely above a whisper when muffled by his hands on his face. "I just want you back. I want you back so bad, it hurts."

"I want you, too, Mark. But we," you motioned between the two of you with your finger, "aren't going to work out. We aren't what the other needs. I'm sorry."

Getting up, you grabbed your string bag you carried around instead of a purse and slung it around your shoulders. "I've got to go, Mark. I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Yeah," he gruffly whispered, not looking at you. You walked towards the exit, looking over your shoulder to see Mark staring at you. Shaking his head, he looked down and said something you weren't quite able to make out.

"I love you."

...when you were crying.

"I'm just not enough for you, y/n. I've never been what you wanted, I'm sorry," his voice came out gruff and shaky, muffled by his hands on his face. Tears were streaming down his cheeks as he spoke to you from the bed the two of you shared, his elbows resting on his knees.

"Hey, hey, hey. What're you talkin' about?"

"I'm just not what you need. I can't keep a stable relationship for my life, I can't take you out without getting bombarded by fans, I can't do anything for you. You deserve so much more, so much more."

Shaking your head, you denied his words silently, moving his hands from his face and running your fingers through his faded red hair. You watched as his eyes opened, his breathing stopping for a minute as he sniffled. Cupping his cheek, you leaned up and kissed him softly, not caring about the salty taste of his tears.

"You'll always be perfect for me. I love everything that you do for me, and so what if we can't go out without getting noticed? That's fine. I'm completely okay with everything. I love you, okay, Marki? I'm never gonna leave; I'm forcing you to stick with me and put up with my shit."

You both laughed, your thumb wiping away his tears as they fell. You kissed him again, listening as he tried to form words.

"I just don't want to fail us – you. You'll always mean so much to me, y/n. I love you without a doubt in the world, and I'd give you the universe if I could. Please, just put up with my shit, okay?"

Nodding, the two of you joined your lips once more, standing before falling back onto the bed. Rolling you over, he flopped behind you and pulled you to his chest, the both of you deciding now was a great time to sleep.