58 // Letter To You

Hey, y/n.

It's Mark─ NO! IT'S MARIO DUMBASS.

Okay, sorry for that outburst up there. Lemme continue on with what I'm doing here.

So, recently, I've been thinking about you, a lot. Yeah, I know, we're best friends and everything, but I really mean I've been thinking about you. It's not something that I chose to do nothing about. It's the fact that I just start to do it without even noticing it and then I keep doing it. God, I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true.

Without you, y/n, I don't know where I'd be. Yeah, I know, I know, you always say the exact same place I am now, just with one less friend in your life, but we both know that that isn't true. We both know that I wouldn't be here without you and your support, with everything.

Now, I know, I've made a few mistakes in our friendship, but you continue to look past those and you stick around, which I couldn't thank you enough for. But, I feel like I tell you that too much. I feel like I tell you that I'm thankful for you too much. But, I know that I've never told you I love you the way I want to say it. I never know if you want to hear it that way, or if you'd welcome me with open arms.

I don't know, dammit. I don't know, and that kills me. It kills me to think that I can't help you without crossing some type of boundary and acting like I'm your boyfriend. I know I'm not, but God, I'd kill to be. You mean everything to me, y/n. Everything. And without you, I just – I just wouldn't be myself.

Dark jokes aside, I really wouldn't be. But, like I said, I want to tell you I love you and mean it in the way that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want to cherish you and have you to hold. But, I just can't get the damn balls to do it. Which is such ass. Such ass.

So, this time, I'll write it to you. With a few words and a couple paragraphs, I'll tell you I love you, I'll tell you I want to hold you and call you mine. And even if you can't reciprocate, I'll love you all the same. I just need to have you in my life – and it doesn't matter how.