40 // simple

You lay in you and your fiancé's bed, staring at his sleeping form. He had let you go in the middle of the night, which commonly happened, and flipped over multiple times until finally deciding to lay on his side that faced you. His freshly dyed blue hair was a little crazy, not as much as before he got it cut, but all over the place nonetheless.

His glasses rested on the night stand behind him, giving him that boyish look he always had without them. It made you fall in love with him, really. The fact that no matter what he looked like, he was still your Mark and always would be.

His bare chest was exposed, the covers coming just below his pec, as it rose up and down in a rhythmic pattern. One of his hands was on his shoulder (which always seemed to happen, even when he was laughing) and the other was out flat a few centimeters away from you.

You sometimes wondered what he would do when you weren't that close to him, because, at random times, his hand would move searching for you until he finally found your form and sighed. The funny thing was, when you would look at him, he was still dead asleep, most definitely not faking it – you'd be able to tell.

His mouth was slightly parted, taking in quiet breaths alongside his nose.  You loved the way he slept, and although that might sound creepy to some, it wasn't to you. He was your soon-to-be Husband, you had the right to look at him. You turned your eyes away from your sleeping man, looking at the clock on the night stand. It read 3:30, which made you sigh and start to slowly move out of bed so you could get some water.

You successfully got up without stirring the sleeping teddy bear and made your way as quietly as possible down the stairs and to the kitchen. The cold floor chilled your feet, which in turn sent shivers up and down your body. You then realized that all you had on was one of Mark's big t-shirts and a pair of small short shorts. You silently cursed yourself for your poor choice in pajamas in the middle of Winter but went on with the task you had planned to accomplish while you were down here.

You got into the cabinet, standing on your tiptoes, and grabbed the nearest glass (no matter how tall you thought you got on your tiptoes, you still could barely reach the middle shelf.) You started to lower yourself and take the few steps that it took to get to the fridge but was stopped by two arms wrapping themselves around your waist. You knew almost immediately who it was, losing the tense stature you had gained out of surprise.

"Baby," Mark whined, kissing the crook of your neck sweetly. "Please come back to bed." You giggled softly, turning around in his arms and looking at his sleepy chocolate eyes. They were half-lidded, unlike yours which were awake and aware, and staring down at you. Mark's hair was still crazy, but it had been fixed a little bit. It looked like he had just gotten out of bed and trudged downstairs as he still didn't have his shirt on – which you had, by no means, an objection to - and he was still in the basketball shorts he had worn to bed.

"I'm just getting water, sweetie," you assured him. He took your cup out of your hand, which was resting lazily on his chest, and walked over to the fridge, putting a couple drops of water in there and giving it back to you. 

"There. Water. Now, bed," You laughed at his antics and want to be back in bed with you, but had to make one comment. 

"Why don't you just go get in bed without me? I'll be up there in like five minutes," He stared at you like you were crazy, his eyes widening.

"Because, Y/n, I don't have my teddy bear, and I need you to come back, I miss you," he whined cutely. You giggled once again, seeing a small, sleepy smirk work its way onto his face. You set the cup on the counter and gave him a small kiss on the lips. He kissed back, then placed his hands on your waist and started to move you backward and to the stairs.

You turned around and walked up the steps, hearing his heavy footsteps following your light, feathery ones. You walked into your bedroom, turning around to see Mark just barely behind you and almost falling onto you because he was so sleepy. 

You got behind him and shoved him toward the bed, but before you could react, he had your hand in his and pulled you down into the bed with him. You both started to laugh, a quiet laugh that is, and got under your covers. At first, you were fully on your side of the bed and starting to drift off, but when you were almost asleep, Mark reached out and pulled you flush against him, wanting his teddy bear.

The final words spoken that early in the morning were by Mark, "I can't wait to marry you, my love."