91 // Excitement

"I can't wait to surprise him," you told your best friend, looking up and seeing him rubbing his eyes and trying to spark conversation with his brother.

"I still can't believe y'all haven't moved in together, I mean, shit. You're just perfect for each other," she commented, earning a scoff and a short glare from you. She giggled over the FaceTime call, saying a couple more things about your relationship with Mark before stating that she had some errands to run.

You said your goodbyes, and just as you looked up, you saw Mark looking in your direction with furrowed brows. When he turned to get Thomas' attention, you slipped behind the Marvel booth wall, completely avoiding his eyes. You couldn't hear what they were saying, but you could tell Mark was beginning to think he'd just been imagining things. Thomas pat his back and looked to have told him to take a seat and rest for a few minutes, to which wasn't surprising considering the floor wasn't all that busy.

You took that as your chance to walk over to the booth, but not before making sure Thomas didn't see you make your moves. You ducked below the black rope-type-things, knowing you were getting a couple glances from people around you. It was a risky move, what you were doing, but it was going to be worth it.

Whipping out your phone, you sat down and let your back rest against the cool metal underneath the counter Mark currently had his head down on. Going into the messages app, you texted the man above you, asking how everything was going. The buzz from his phone vibrated the whole booth almost, seeming to wake him up.

A startled sound was emitted, making you silently giggle. The message you sent had the "read" line underneath it, the bubbles from his side of the conversation popping up as he typed. The reply took a minute, but once it came through, it was a simple, "Good. I'm tired. And I miss you."

You felt your cheeks get a little warm, but that was normal when it came to the relationship you and Mark shared. Although you and Mark were so close and so in love with each other, you both had only seen each other a few times. You lived back in Ohio, which is where the two of you met, and he lived here, so it wasn't easy to get to each other that often.

Focusing back on the text conversation, you typed your response, telling him you missed him, too, and if he'd seen anything weird or funny while he'd been here. He told you about how he thought he saw you but figured it was just out of sleep deprivation, and about the character named Snotgirl.

You couldn't help but laugh a little at "Snotgirl," considering the name was absolutely disgusting, but her character model wasn't all that bad – excluding the snot coming out of her ears and nose.

Apparently, your laugh wasn't as quiet as you'd hoped, as Mark made a "Huh?" sound above you and asked your name to himself. You cursed yourself under your breath, deciding to leave the spot you were in and going around to Thomas' station, instead – so basically, the right side of the booth instead of the front.

Once there, you decided to text Thomas, just so you could get his attention without getting Mark's. He checked his phone as fast as Mark had checked his own, asking you why he couldn't tell Mark you were texting him.

That's not the point, Thomas. I need you to quietly sneak out of the booth and go behind the Marvel booth.

You had started to make your move to the Marvel booth, no longer being able to see Thomas from your angle. His reply was just a simple read of your message before he did as you had instructed. Once he walked behind the booth, he saw you and smiled.

"Hey, y/n," he greeted, bringing you into a small hug.

"Hey, Thomas."

"So, why haven't you told Mark you were here, yet?"

"I wanted to surprise him. I just needed your help to do it."

He chuckled, running a flat palm over his pony-tailed hair, "Okay. What do I need to do?"

You both discussed your plan, Thomas completely going with everything with a smile on his face. Once you both agreed on what should happen, you high-fived and Thomas made his way back to the booth. You were absolutely ecstatic, jumping up and down in your place.

Just as you finished your burst of excitement, you cooled yourself down and nonchalantly walked over to Thomas' side of the booth and greeted him, but making sure to stay out of Mark's line of sight.

"Okay, I'll text him something, then I need you to try to keep him focused on the phone as much as possible," you whispered, smiling. Thomas brought you behind the booth and made sure you were behind him since you were just short enough for him to hide you.

"Hey, Mark, check this out."

You then texted Mark, trying to keep him in conversation as long as possible. Whatever Thomas was showing him was just enough to keep his attention from looking behind him, allowing you to actually go behind him and tap his shoulder.

"Hang on a second," he said, holding up a finger. You scoffed, holding a hand to your chest.

"That's hardly how you treat the love of your life."

Mark's back stiffened for a second before he turned around, immediately catching sight of you. He launched up from his seat, lifting you slightly off the ground with the sheer force of his hug. You giggled, hugging his neck while he set you back down and looked at you for a second.

"You're here? Oh my God, you're here. You're here, y/n."

"I'm here, Marki. I'm here," you said, watching as a twinkle flashed through his eyes.

His smile consumed his face, his eyes disappearing from sheer joy upon knowing you were here. He then leaned down and kissed you, not letting it just be a quick peck on the lips, either. Thomas made a "barf" sound, making both you and Mark smile, breaking the kiss. "Thank you, Thomas. I'm so glad my older brother is supportive of my relationship."

"Well, when you're sucking face at my booth, of course, I'm going to barf."

"You're just jealous you don't have someone to suck face with."

"Nah. I don't need someone to taste what I had for dinner last night. That's for me and my bowels to know, and no one to find out."

At Thomas' comment, both you and Mark started laughing hysterically, your forehead in his chest and his chin next to your crown.

"God, I'm so glad you're here. I love you so much, y/n."

"I love you, too, Markimoo. I love you, too."