18 // He Left. He Forgot. | Pt. 2

Running. That was my only response. I couldn't believe that I had said that, but at the same time, I could. He just left and forgot. But, he called me back – even if it was after two years. I shook my head, I can't let myself think like that, letting him back into my life would just leave me more vulnerable. I can't let myself be forgotten again, I just can't, it would ruin me.

I was ripped out of my thoughts by a car honking at me. I looked around me, seeing I was standing in the middle of the street. I ran out of the way, getting a look from the driver of the car. I looked away, continuing to run, this time paying attention to where I was going – kinda.

I ran and ran, finally reaching a special place to me: the park. I went to the tree in the middle of the park, this being the place I first met Mark three years ago. I started to cry again, remembering everything, all the memories between Mark and I, all the sad times, all the happy times. I had been keeping them away for two years, and now that I talked to Mark, it's like the floodgates opened and I can't keep them closed anymore.

I can't run from them anymore, can't keep them locked away anymore; can't keep myself  locked away anymore. I curled into a ball, my body still being racked by sobs – they were just quiet enough to be inaudible but loud enough to be visible. Soon, though, I lost my reason to cry. The only things coming to mind were the happy memories, the ones that I cherished. My tears dried up at that point, I was just sitting there, in a ball for no reason at all; other than just wanting to block out the rest of the world.

I started to hear leaves cracking, alerting me of a presence coming near me. I jerked my head up, seeing a more muscular figure standing in front of me, their front side a dark silhouette against the ever-present sun behind them. "Y-Y/N?"

I could recognize that deep, bassy voice anywhere. I shook my head, feeling the tears prick the back of my eyes; my reason to cry was coming back to me, just by seeing him. "Y/N, I'm sorry. P-please, just listen to me." I shook my head again, I didn't want to hear anything from him, not even the most sincere apology. It wouldn't heal the deep wound he put in my heart, it just wouldn't. I stood up, finally being able to see him.

His – apparently – pink hair was all over the place, like he had been running his fingers through it and pulling at it a bit too much. His eyes were swollen and glossed over with tears and sadness. He had unusually pale cheeks, in fact, his entire body was a ghostly pale. He had lost that certain edge in his stance, now he just looked like a lump of nothing. His whole appearance just made me want to hug him, tell him that I was sorry, but I wasn't. He did this to me, he did this to himself.

"Mark-"

"No, Y/N. You have to listen to me, I won't leave you alone unless you do. I didn't forget about you, I didn't. I just couldn't talk to you, she wouldn't let me. We even got into fights about it, me saying you were my best friend, then her saying that you would just try to steal me away from her, or that she was supposed to be my best friend. Finally, I told her that I needed to have some space from her. But, she didn't listen," he ran his fingers through his hair and looked down, "she just became more clingy, then went through my phone and deleted everything that had anything to do with you. All my pictures, all my texts, all the calls, everything. Then, when I would try to put your number back into my phone, she would just yell at me, then go through and delete again. I couldn't get a way to contact you. After she started to become extremely clingy, I just broke up with her."

"How long ago, Mark?"

"A-A year."

"Why didn't you contact me then?!"

"Because I was being a puss and I couldn't get the balls to do it! I'm sorry, okay?! I'm sorry! Goddammit, why can't you see that?! I never wanted you to get hurt, I never wanted you to feel like you were forgotten, but there was nothing I could do! When I finally had the chance, I still couldn't! I just knew you would react this way! I love you, and it hurts me when I'm the reason that you're sad. It hurts me when I can't do shit about it. So please, Y/N, please. Please, don't hate me, please.."

I couldn't say anything after that, all I could do was act. I walked up to him, grabbing his face from his hands in my own, looking at him straight in the eye as tears slid down both of our faces. I couldn't help myself, I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him. I kissed him with so much passion, it almost hurt. He immediately kissed back, his kiss full of hunger and passion. I could tell he needed this as much as I did - maybe a little bit more.

His hands found their way to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I linked my hands around his neck, never breaking the kiss until it was necessary to do so. We rested our foreheads together, our faces still stained with the lines of dried up tears and our eyes too raw to open. "I'm sorry, Y/N, I should've just called you. If I had, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I jus-"

I shut him up by kissing him once again, this one nowhere near as long as the first one. "Shut up, Mark. Don't be sorry, please. We both messed up, we both take the fault. It's okay, I love you, it's okay."

Mark pulled me in for a hug, burying his face in my neck, as I did in his. "I love you, too."