26 // No You're It!

The sound of claws and the heavy pound of feet were heard as Chica and Mark ran to the front door, both of them trying to get to me first. I had just come back from a long trip because of my job –  a month long one – and I couldn't wait to see the love of my life and the dog I had always hoped for. "Y/n!" Mark yelled, Chica still slightly in front of him as he came down the stairs, racing toward me. 

I set my purse down just in time, as Chica jumped on me, giving me a doggy hug. I giggled, trying to hold her up as Mark came up right behind her and took her off me. She barked in excitement, but it was soon muffled as I felt the full wall of my fiancé hit me. He snuggled his face into my neck, taking a deep breath before squeezing me tighter. "H-Hi, Mark!" I wheezed out, his hug taking my breath away – literally.

He let off, but still held his arms around me, and whispering 'I love you's and 'I'm glad your back's in my ear. Then came more pounding of the feet, and two more brick walls of men. Matt and Ryan. "Oh!" I yelled, squeezed once again into a breathtaking hug. I lifted my arms, pushing them off and shrugging off my jacket. I looked at the four goofs in front of me, a smile on all of their faces. "Hey, guys!" I was finally able to speak, gladly, laughing and running my hand through my long, (h/c) hair. 

Mark's eyes lit up at me doing so, which I found funny because I got it from him, and Ryan and Matt waved, an unbelievably wide smile on both of their faces. I looked at Chica, her golden hair all matted from being rubbed and running downstairs to me. Looking back to Mark, then Ryan, then Matt, I lunged forward, tagging Ryan on the shoulder before screaming, "You're it!"

Everyone scattered, Mark running behind me and Matt running toward the backyard, in an attempt to escape Ryan. I went into Mark and I's bedroom, running to the closet and hearing Mark close the door behind me and crawl up to me. I laughed, quietly, and snuggled into his chest with my back as we were sitting down on the floor and he came up behind me. He laughed, which was more like a loving chuckle, and rested his head in the crook of my neck once again. "I missed you, Mark, I'm sorry that I was gone so long." Everything I said was a whisper, and in response, Mark wrapped his arms around my waist a squeezed a little, staying silent.

I heard the door open, seeing Matt's, instead of Ryan's, legs walking around the room, attempting to be sneaky. I already knew he was it, or he wouldn't be doing it. My laugh gave me away and I got up and ran out of the closet, but not before telling Mark to stay. Matt ran after me, our laughs filling the air of the house. I was soon taken ahold of by Ryan, him trapping me so Matt could tag me. I struggled, unable to stop laughing and smiling, as Matt got closer. 

He had a smile as well, and just as he was about to get me, Mark came down the stairs and tackled him, a smile on both of their faces. It was all fun and games as Mark and Matt exchanged words of, 'You're it!', and 'No, you're it!' I broke out of Ryan's grip, running toward the outside. I looked behind me, laughing and smiling; Mark was chasing after me while Matt and Ryan ran behind him – they were ganging up on me!

I opened the back door, attempting to go right and around the pool, but it was too late. Mark came barreling behind me, pushing me into the pool along with himself. I emerged from the water, laughing and slightly shivering from the chilliness of the pool. I was pulled back in, though, being turned around and brought face to face with Mark. I laughed, for the billionth time, and kissed him in the water. There was a slight taste of chlorine on his lips, but soon we needed oxygen so we resurfaced, laughing and smiling really hard. Mark got out, going over to Ryan and Matt talking. 

I just watched as Mark began talking to them, then lunged and pushing them both in the pool. Mark, deciding it was just the perfect time to take a swim – after already taking one, took off his already wet shirt and jumping back into the water. I thanked the Lord that I didn't have my jeans on, but my─ Mark's basketball shorts and a t-shirt. We all played around in the pool, Chica coming out soon after and jumping in with the rest of us.

Needless to say, it was the best 'Welcome Home!' I had ever gotten.