17 // He Left. He Forgot.

No texts, no calls, no visits, no nothing. It was like he wasn't even there. Calling him didn't work, he wouldn't answer; texting him didn't work, he would never text back. Going to his house didn't work, he was never home. He just vanished. For me, at least.

He was my best friend, and he wouldn't talk to me. He was ignoring me, or maybe he was constantly busy - I'm not sure.

─────

3 Months.

Nothing. I didn't hear from him, and I was beginning to lose hope. I watched a couple of his vlogs - he was completely fine, and he was caught up on his videos and life was great.

But, that was the last I looked, which was only two days ago. He was even on Twitter, replying to tweets, in the comments, talking to his fans. His fans. Not his best friend. Did he forget?

─────

6 Months.

By now, to keep my sanity, I had already unsubscribed, deleted his contact, got rid of most of the pictures of me and him. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of all of them, I just couldn't. But, his contact was useless, it made me sick to see him happy, which never used to happen. I was about to just unfollow him on all the other social media sites, until one of his posts caught my eye.

2d ago.

My Girliplier.

That was all it took. I couldn't even bring my self to look at the picture, it was just too much. I didn't want to see her, I didn't want to see him. My heart couldn't take it.

─────

1 Year.

He forgot. I had established that a while ago. I guess it's my turn, but it's not easy. To forget the one you depended on, the one that was always there for you, then one that you loved. But, he forgot, so why can't I?

He left me, he forgot me. It's only fair that I do the same to him, and his girlfriend. I shouldn't care, so I won't. I won't, I won't, I won't.

I will.

─────

2 Years.

I got up this morning, brushed my teeth, took a shower, put on a little bit of makeup, then left to go somewhere - who knows where. Just, somewhere. I didn't have work, I didn't have someone to walk with, or take care of, I was all alone. Had been for 2 years, pretty sure I always will be.

My phone started to buzz in my back pocket, catching me off-guard at the unfamiliar feeling. I pulled it out, seeing an unknown number on the screen. I decided to just let it ring, let it go to voicemail, then I'll listen to it.

Moments later, my phone vibrated once again, letting me know a voicemail had been left. I clicked on the notification, the voicemail starting to play.

"Y/N, it's me, Mark. I'm sorry about not letting you know what happened, so please, call me back, let me explain... I love you. Please."

I started to cry, falling to my knees. He remembered? After two fucking years, he called me? Two?!

I didn't know whether or not to be sad or happy, I was conflicted. Without realizing what I had even done, I had the phone up to my ear, listening to the dial.

"Hello?"

"M-Mark?"

"Y-Yes. Y-Y/N, it's me. I'm sorry, really. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you anything i-"

"You forgot Mark. You just forgot. Do you expect me to listen to you when you forgot me? I know what the reason was, Mark. Your girliplier. You. She just came before me, and you left me in the dark for 2 years, Mark. Two goddamn years. Then, suddenly, out of the blue, I just get a call from you."

"Y/N, I-I don't know what to say-"

"Just don't say anything. The only thing I want to do with you is just to have you as a friendly reminder that I'm not important enough to remember. And, Mark, if you were sorry about not telling me anything, then you wouldn't have been happy in your videos. You wouldn't have had a smile on you face in every single photo you took. You wouldn't have had the spark that I came to love in your eye. But, you had all of those things, Mark. You weren't sorry, you weren't sad. You were happy, so you know what? I don't give a fuck anymore."

I hit the end call button, not even giving Mark the chance to respond, it wouldn't have mattered if he did.

I just need to get away.