31 // Merry Christmas!

A/N: Merry X-Mas everyone! Whatever you celebrate, I hope you have an amazing day and a happy heart! Alright, so this next one-shot is going to be a little feelsy, but other than that pretty sweet, so please, sit back and read in your cozy pajamas on a nice winter day/night! (I got caught up in going to my family's house and forgot to save the part on my computer so, therefore, I couldn't work on it on my phone.. oops!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stared at her sleeping figure, mesmerized by it. That was something that he almost always did when he woke up before his girlfriend: stare at her and marvel at her beauty, then wonder how he got so damn lucky. 

He never knew why she loved him, he was just happy to call her his. He was happy about how her name, Y/n, rolled off his tongue so easily, how she always said I love you when she could, how she would interrupt his recording sessions and just bother him while he was still trying to play some game, how she smiled when he would tell her something about his day, how she was made, and how she made him feel. 

The one thing he wasn't happy about was her last name, L/n. It just didn't quite suit her like it used to when he first met her. So, he was going to change it, finally seal the deal and be able to always call her his.

He got out of bed and walked toward the living room, Chica, their golden retriever, following him out. He ran a hand through his faded sonic blue hair, feeling the coldness of the winter air rush against his shirtless torso. 

When he looked at the tree, it reminded him of all the times he shared with his beauty: when they met in second grade, when they went through the whole moving thing in middle school, when he would sneak out of the house to meet her at the park, when he first asked her out, when they shared their first kiss, when he moved to LA and she came to visit him when she was on break in her college, when she finally moved in with him, every time they went to the movies or to their family's house for the holidays, the challenge videos they did together, and now, when they set the tree up in their brand new house. He had to lift her up slightly so she could the star on top of the tree because she was adamant on being the one to do it.

All of the memories they shared together made him tear up, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

He walked up to the tree, sitting in front of it and looking at all of the presents for him and for her. He took one last present out of his pocket, setting it down within the branches of the tree and walking back upstairs to climb back in bed with Y/n. When he walked in the room, she was turned over with her back facing the door and snuggled into the pillow. He smiled at the cute picture, already wanting to be back in bed with her in his arms. Tugging back the covers, he climbed in bed, about to touch her when she started to shiver ever-so-slightly. 

He looked over her shoulder and saw her face contorted in a cute, but unhappy, way while her hands rested on her arms. He frowned slightly, pushing her hands off of her arms and wrapping his arms there instead. He pulled her to him, her shivering ceasing as he did so, and her contorted face releasing into one of peacefulness. As he dozed off, he felt her body completely melt into his and thought about how they molded so perfectly together, like they were meant for each other – which, in his mind, they were.

A few hours later, he woke up without her in his arms and Chica not at the foot of the bed. He turned over and looked at the clock on his bedside table, seeing that it read, 8:38. He got up out of bed and walked into the living room, smiling at his girlfriend's figure in the kitchen making coffee with their dog sitting at her feet. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the crook of her neck that wasn't covered by her hair that she normally swept to the side in the morning.

"Hey, Mark," she hummed, relaxing into his arms with a cup of coffee in her hands. Mark smiled and responded with a hum, taking one hand off of her waist and going for the freshly made cup of coffee sitting in front of her. She turned around in his arms and placed a sweet kiss on his lips, her lips tasting of the sugar and french vanilla creamer she put in her drink. 

"Let's go open presents!" The giddy demeanor she always had returned once she kissed him, which is what always happened in the morning; it was like kissing him was her wake-up call and if she didn't, she was sluggish for about half the day until he finally did kiss her.

He laughed as she took his hand and ran into the living room, plopping down onto the floor directly in front of the Christmas tree and picking up presents to sort them out. He admired her as she did until he was snatched out of his trance by Chica coming to him and rubbing her snout into his face and licking him. He fell back onto the floor, trying to get Chica out of his face while Y/n laughed at her boyfriend attempting to get a dog seventy pounds lighter than him, off of his face. 

"Here, Chica!" She called, Chica immediately getting off Mark and going to her. He sat up and glared at her through his blue hair, watching as her (h/c) hair with blue tips to match his glistened in the tree lights and the early morning sun. He glanced up at the box in the tree, remembering exactly where he put it earlier in the morning. When she was done sorting all of the boxes, she looked at him and nodded, giving him the go-ahead to open his first gift.

About an hour, five pounds of wrapping paper, and about a million boxes, later, there was only one gift left: Mark's. She sighed and fell back onto the floor, smiling up at the ceiling and thanking Mark for everything he got her. He told her it was no problem, but there was still one more present she had yet to get. She sat up confused and looked under the tree, looking for any stray boxes she may have missed. 

When she didn't find any, she stood up and looked around her to double check the boxes around her, a confused look still written on her face. Mark found that Y/n looking for something – that he saw – as obvious as what was in the tree, was quite cute and only made him want to ask her sooner. He stood up while she was turned around and plucked the box out of the branch where he placed it and got down on one knee just as she turned back toward him. It took her a second to register what he was doing, but when she did, her hands flew up to her mouth as she gasped and started to tear up.

"Y/n," he started, "There are a lot of things that I could tell you, anything and everything from what I love about you, to what I love about us. For example, I love the way you love me: always understanding when I wouldn't be when it comes to things like YouTube and video recording sessions that take way too damn long. Or, how you always say my name, or how you walk, the way you talk, the way your hands always seem to find mine when you're trying to find something to occupy them and I'm around. But, as perfect as you are in my eyes, there is still one flaw that I wish to change." 

When he said this, she started to look at herself slightly. He brought her attention back to him by continuing, "And, before you think it's something about the way you look, it isn't. The way you are is perfect to me, and that's that. The thing I want to change is that – kinda – stupid last name you've got. As well as it suit you back then, it just isn't doing it for me anymore. So, Y/n M/n L/n, will you do me the greatest honor anyone could ever have, and marry me?"

Once he said his long, improvised speech, he stared at her for a second. She didn't say anything immediately, so Mark was about to say something to cover for such a stupid question, but she cut him off. "Yes," she whispered, "Yes, Mark. A million times yes!" He let out a sigh of relief and stood up, slipping the glistening engagement ring on her finger and placing a soft and loving kiss to her lips.

In that moment, neither of them could be happier, and neither of them wanted to leave each other's arms. But, when they separated, they both said at the same time, "Merry Christmas, love."