90 // Wisdom

hiya! it's about that time again for WHEEL OF WISDOM. okay. sorry. i'm just gonna go now..

"Mark," you said seriously, clutching his hand as the two of you drove to the dentist. "I'm gonna die. You're going to have to put those random flowers at my funeral, and make sure that they aren't those really ugly ones."

He started laughing, shaking his head and squeezing your hand. "You're not gonna die, I promise dentists aren't that bad."

Scoffing, you shook your head and watched the road pass by, wondering what your last words were going to be. "Maybe I should say where my treasures buried, oh! Maybe I could say that I loved my time on Earth and give one of those peace sign things that Jack or Vernon do. Yeah! That sounds like a great idea!"

Mark was fully laughing now, one eye completely closed and the other halfway opened so he could see the road ahead of him. "Babe! Why? Why do you think you're going to die!?"

You started laughing with him, throwing your head back and applying pressure to his hand in your own. "'Cause I am! Don't you realize!?"

As you glanced out your window, you saw the dentistry's parking lot and immediately, your laughter quieted. "Oh fuck. It's my death place. Shit. I'm sorry this is what it's come to, Mark. I really did love you."

He shook his head, snorting, before parking and getting out of the car. You got out as well, holding his hand all the way up and into the building. The lady at the front desk was polite and asked you your name, then told you to sit and wait until the dentist came out.

You let out a nervous breath, sitting down next to Mark. "Holy shit," you looked around, letting your eyes merely glance over everyone in the waiting room, "everyone here seems.. dead."

"I'm sure they're just fine, love. They probably just don't like dentists or something."

"Like me, you mean?"

"Like you, yeah. But you'll be fine."

Just as you were about to snarkily reply, the doctor came out and called your name, to which you responded to by shivering and raising your hand. Mark walked into the back section with you, sitting down just outside your room. "I'm so sorry that I'm leaving you, Mark. I will always love you."

Your hand was stretched out, your fingertips reaching for him. He only chuckled and told the doctor to go ahead, watching as you were lightly pushed into the room.

timer skippers

About an hour later, the dentist walked out with you, his lips stretched out with a light-hearted smile. "Here she is. Teeth are already out, all she needs to do is take these pills, and keep these foam pads in the back of her mouth."

Mark nodded, catching you as you stumbled into his chest. They both chuckled, Mark thanking the doctor and shaking his hand before wrapping his arm around your shoulders and walking you out. Your constant mumbles attracted the attention of strangers, all of them laughing at your childish actions – including Mark.

Once you made it to the car, after you claiming Dracula was after you for watching Transylvania because the sun was too hot, Mark started it up and pulled out of the parking lot, reaching for your hand.

"No!"

He quirked a brow, looking at you, "What?"

"I have a boyfwiend. I can't hol' your han'."

He laughed, "Who's your boyfriend?"

"His name is," you stopped, tapping your chin, "his name is Merk. He's got red hai– YOU'VE GOT RED HAIR. ARE YOU MERK!?"

Laughing hysterically at your realization, he nodded, "Yeah, baby. I'm Mark."

"What if– oh my god. I'm bleeding. Dude, I'm bleeding. I'm dying!"

"You're not dying, babe."

You started to whine, pushing on your lips and tongue. "Oh my god, I can't– Mark I can't feel my tongue or my lips or, or my mouth! I'm not m– I don't have a mouth!"

He snorted again, switching lanes on the road, helping him get you home faster. He wasn't saying anything, just listening to you babble while hopped up on anesthesia.

"What about Chica? Oh shit, she could've shitted on the bed! Mark!"

He didn't respond to that one either, an ever-lasting smile on his lips as you continued.

"I wanna kiss you. Can I kiss you? I can kiss you, right?"

This one caused him to look at you, raising his eyebrow. "Well, no. Not right now, love. You're a little bloody on the lips and I'm driving."

"But, but," your eyes started to tear up once again, "but I want to kiss you! I wanna cuddle you! Ooh, what if I kissed and cuddled you! Can I do that?"

"Not right now, baby. Just try to go to sleep."

"But the sleep monsters are gonna get me."

"They're not gonna get you. I'm right here and there aren't any sleep monsters."

Grumbling, you turned your head to the side and eventually nodded off, murmuring something under your breath every now and then.

—another timer skippers

Finally pulling into the driveway, he picked you up bridal style and carried you in the house, feeling you snuggle into his chest. He walked up the stairs, greeting Chica quietly while setting you on the bed softly.

He went back downstairs to let her do her business, hearing you start to call out to him. "Where's my boyfriend? Mark! Uh, am I alone?"

All of your questions were loud, allowing him to hear everything. Letting Chica back in, he shook his head and went back upstairs, watching you try to walk down the hallway – your hand was up against the wall and you were stumbling, tripping over your own feet.

"C'mon, y/n. Let's go to take a little nap."

You nodded, asking him if you could kiss him and cuddle him. "Maybe. But first, we gotta get all that blood out of your mouth."

Walking you into the bathroom, he helped you take your foam pads out, telling you to spit in the sink and take a couple of the prescribed pills to help numb the pain in your mouth. You did as told, slipping fresh foam into your mouth and leaning in to kiss him.

Quickly pecking your lips, he stabilized you from behind, helping you get to the bed. Both of you flopped down, you snuggling up to his chest and telling him a random story before falling asleep halfway through one of your sentences.

He chuckled, kissing the top of your head before falling asleep with you, excited to tell you that what you'd done when you woke up in a few hours.