76 // Thinking Of You

all aboard the feels train!! choo choo
------------------------

all aboard the feels train!! choo choo------------------------

------------------------

"Hey, guys. How ya doin'? Good, I hope. Well, anyway, I've been reading the comments lately, and I've seen nothing but questions about how I am and such, and just overall concern. Thank you guys for that, and if you're one of the commenters, you've noticed that I've seemed a little less like me lately." He sighed, looking down at his desk and fiddling with his fingers. "So, lemme explain what's been happening on my side here.

"So, as you people know, I have a soon-to-be-wife, and I call her that because I can't think of the word you use at the moment – not that I think of words anyway, but that's beside the point! Anyway, a couple months back, this amazingly amazing woman who I hold so dear to my heart was shipped off out of  the country. She's in the Air Force, but they'd said they'd give her a break for a little, and then they turned around and shipped her off.

"Now I know that doesn't sound too bad or anything, it's just that after she was shipped away, I didn't hear from her; no letters, no Skype calls, nothing. It's killing me that I can't hear from her," he stopped and took a breath, feeling it come in shaky and leave with a little force. His eyes started welling up with tears and he couldn't help the few that were streaming down his face. 

"I miss her guys, I really do. It sucks that I can't have her here with me and hold her, tell her I love her, and kiss her. You don't understand," he couldn't get his words out anymore, pressing his head into his hands and raking his fingers violently through his red hair.

He was balling, not able to stop the sadness overcoming his thoughts; she wasn't home, he couldn't do anything about it, and she could die wherever she is, and he wouldn't be able to even see her until two weeks later when they actually gave a fuck and shipped her body back over after a letter telling him that the government was "sorry for his loss." 

He took another deep breath and looked back up at the camera, trying to calm himself. "I need her back, guys. I need her back so bad, so, so bad. I know you all can't help with that, but I just needed to let you know why I'm just not as happy as usual."

He ended the recording, not doing his outro, and fell back in his chair, rubbing his hands over his face. He couldn't stop thinking about her on her deathbed, and it killed him. She wasn't home, he wasn't himself, and she could die wherever she is. "Please, just let her come home. Please. God, please." He heard Chica bark, then told her to be quiet in a softish tone.

A couple minutes later, he heard the familiar sound of a Skype call ringing, and just decided to hit the answer button without looking at the contact actually calling him. "Marki?" Mark stopped moving his hands on his face, listening to the oddly soothing voice trickle into his mind. "Marki, cmon, look at the screen." He did as she said, looking at her with wide eyes. She was smiling at him, oh that smile, and waving.

"Y/n! Oh, my god! Where are you? Why haven't you called me? What's happening?" She laughed at his string of questions, telling him to hold on and she'd explain. 

"Okay, Marki, I need you to hear me out. I've tried to call you for awhile, but Anderson, the Corporal, won't let me unless I do some random shit for her. Also, I can't tell you where I am, and I don't even know what's happening anymore."

He laughed at her humor, just happy to see her face and hear her voice again. "And, Mark, why are your eyes all red? Have you been crying? Why have you been crying? It's cause of me, isn't it! Marki!" He was laughing when she let out a string of questions like him before her, but his smile was a teary one. 

"Well, yeah, I was. And, maybe it's because of you. Maybe. But I won't say."

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to cry over me. I'll be home before you know it, Marki. Then, it'll all be over. I promise you, love." She gave him a sweet smile before abruptly turning her head to the right. 

"Everything okay?" His question was seemingly ignored, seeing as she was nodding in a different direction and mouthing something.

"Listen, Marki," she turned back to him, "I gotta go. Just know I love you, okay?" He nodded, waving bye as she blew a kiss to the camera and hung up the call. He leaned back in his chair once again, smiling but tearing up further than earlier. 

"I love you, too, my soldier. I love you, too."

---------------------------

He got up sluggishly, and went to the kitchen, making a cup of coffee and staring out the back door. His mind was whirling with thoughts on what he was going to do today, missing her being a priority on his list. Last time he talked to her, which had been about a week ago, she'd said it might end up being another two or three months before she could really stay home. He knew he couldn't live without her, and her being in another country and away from him wasn't helping.

He felt a cool air chill his body, seeing how he'd forgotten to put a shirt on when he came downstairs. He rested his elbows on the counter and sighed, trying to think of ways he could get her off his mind – as if it could ever happen. His phone ringing caught his attention and he picked it up off the counter, answering the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey. How are you?"

"Oh, y'know, the usual. Missing you like hell and trying to find ways to get my mind off it."

"Oh. That's, well, depressing. I didn't know I was that hard to not think of."

"You know you're never not on my mind. It's like you just have one special spot in my mind and never vacate."

"Sorry," she whispered, an airy giggle coming through the receiver. Just then, a knock on the door came into his other ear and he inwardly groaned at the person who dares interrupt his conversation. 

"Hang on, there's someone at the door." He put the phone down on his neck, opening the door and squinting to see outside.

"Hey, down here ya big goof." He looked down slightly, making eye contact with her. She was home. She was actually home! 

"Y/n!" He pulled her to him, sucking her into the house and closing the door with his foot. Twirling her around, he held her as tightly as possible, basking in her overall presence. "You're home," he whispered, his voice cracking a little from tears on the verge of falling. "Oh my god, you're home."

"I'm home, baby, I'm home," she was hugging him back just as tightly, doing the same as him by basking in his presence. His arms felt good to be in after three and a half months of not being able to see him other than through a pixelated picture on a video call. She could feel his tears, warm and happy, as they fell on her shoulder. 

After a few more minutes, she whispered that she needed to change because the outfit was starting to get on her nerves. He only chuckled and let go, following her up the stairs and into their room. She could hear him behind her, and as a joke, rushed into their bedroom, shutting the door before he could get in.

"No! Don't do this to me, you just got home, y/n," he was begging through the door, not putting in any effort to open it. She laughed and slowly unlocked the door, staring at him through a small sliver of space. He was wearing a deep frown, trying his best to get her to let him in all the way with his puppy eyes. She sighed and let him in, knowing she had his attention when she wasn't wearing any pants and a light green shirt.

"I missed you, y'know. I missed you a lot." He grabbed her waist and pulled her to him, their attire seemingly matching considering she didn't have pants and he didn't have a shirt. She finally took notice of his missing shirt and placed her hands on his chest. 

"I'm more than happy to be home with you. And I am not going anywhere after." He gave her a confused look and asked her to explain with a look in his eyes. "I'm done, I'm done with the Air Force. I'm not going anywhere; I'm all yours."