72 // Man Down (?)

eh, I guess?

Seeing her there had been one of the most bittersweet experiences I had ever had- no no- been through.

how should I pace this?

It'd been a long time since we went our separate ways, but I still tried to get over seeing her the way I did- does that even English?-; she was with another man- who should he be to her?-, whom of which I didn't know, and looked to be having the time of her life. And who was I to intrude on her happiness? I'm the one who took it away in the first place.

thas good, right?

But, even so, it felt like a jab to the heart to see her smile so bright ─ like what I used to cause on a day-to-day basis-good job bro!. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't wanted her back more and more each day. I still remember a time when we were watching the sunset, and we were both talking about anything and everything-I have to- under the sun.

*bring in EDEN song(s) quote*

"You know how they say seize the moment? Well, what if, I don't know, it's the other way around, like, instead the moment seizes you?" -perfecto! hmmm... what next?

angst. yeah.

God, that's exactly what it felt like. The moment was taking me and ripping me to shreds. It hurt, God, it hurt so much. But then she looked at me -Mark got attention from a girl! Woah!- And she smiled. She smiled at me like she didn't know who I was.

Would he even think that?

Of course, I knew I looked a little different than from how I looked three years ago -rip shark-fin-, so I didn't really blame her. She looked over to the guy sitting across from her, her cheeks starting to burn the pinkish-red I used to see when I complimented her. Her mouth moved like she was talking to an old friend -cos you can totally tell how someone speaks to an old friend-, and she looked back at me.

FRIEND OR NEW BOYFRIEND

I wasn't sure what to do-me in all of life ever; she was giving me the I-want-that-but-I'm-not-sure-how-to-approach-it look, and I could feel myself blushing.

how does one even feel that?

Don't mess this up...

She got up, giving a thumbs up to the person behind her, and walked to me. "Hey," she said quietly, her voice putting so many memories in my head. "Hi."

"My name's y/n," she said smoothly, which only reminded me of our times together threefold. "Uh, my n-name's M-Mark." Her eyes widened as she recognized who I was. "Mark? As in, YouTube-Obsessed Mark?" I nodded, not exactly sure why she called me YouTube-Obsessed when she knew it was my job.

No, no. I can't do that. Scratch that. Hmmm... Oh screw it! We'll make a better version!

"I missed you."

NO! Shit! Uh, . . . fuck.

So, uh, this is awkward. Hi, reader-chan.

Oh my god, this is so awkward. You've seen how scatterbrained I am. . .

Well, I guess now you've seen what the process of trying to write something good is. . .

It's a lot of "yes'" and "no's" and "scratch that's" . . . OH! AND QUESTIONS!

so, since you've found this little thing, I guess I'll do something else. . .

"Mark!"

"Yeah!?"

"C'mere, please!"

"Yes?"

"Oh nothing; just wanted to say I love you."

"Oh okay. I love you, too."

"Now don't destroy the damn lamp!"

"No promises!"

did you catch the reference? Lemme know if you did. . .