84 // Dead Man Walkin'

So, you see, my brother's got a best friend that I've known since I was around three years old. And, by coincidence, we both ended up in California and at a party. We all know what happens after that. So, now, he's asleep next to me, both of us completely nude, and a dumb smile on my face. The only thing I know is that I'm going to have to find a way to hide it from my big brother or something of the sorts. 'Cos if he finds out about this, both Mark and I are dead men walking.

I looked to my right, seeing a handsome sleeping man beside me without a shirt on. I had to admit, he was – excuse the bluntness – eye-candy. It wasn't anything that I'd lied to myself about; I've always had a thing for him. 

But, when it comes to my brother, we swore from day one that we wouldn't fall for each other's best friends without telling the other first, and me being me, I never told him. Falling back onto my pillow, I started to think about how I was going to explain to Mark that we slept together and it wasn't something that I was going to regret doing.

Looking on the floor, I saw a t-shirt. Reaching out to grab it, I almost fell out of the covers, but caught myself and drug the shirt closer to my hand with my fingertips. As I put it on, I realized it wasn't mine, but Mark's. Shrugging, I figured he wouldn't mind considering we're close – physically and mentally. 

Just then, I heard a groan and saw him stirring, flipping to his other side and reaching out for his phone. I didn't say anything, just let him do what he normally did in the morning and waited. As he got on the camera to his phone, for a reason I wasn't sure of, he gasped and turned around, his eyes wide as he stared at me.

"Y/n? What are you doing in my, uh, bed?" I gave an awkward laugh and scratched my neck, saying a small, 

"Hi." He asked me again, giving me a small wave as a reply to my statement. "Well, y'see, Marki, uh. Actually, I'm not going to be able to explain, so just look under the sheets." He did as I said, hesitating a little before looking down and gasping. 

"Oh shit! Did we- we did- did we do that?"

Nodding, I gave a cheeky smirk, letting out another awkward chuckle. "Oh shit, he's gonna kill me. Your brother is gonna kill me because we did that. Oh, my god, I had sex with my best friend's sister. I'm fucking dead." He was laying on the pillow, his hands on his face. Although everything was practically – for lack of better word – fucked, I couldn't help but notice he still looked good in the morning.

"You know what the worst thing is, y/n?" I looked at him, seeing him peeking one eye out through a space in his split fingers. "I don't regret a single fucking thing. I'd do it again if I could, honestly." I started laughing, hearing him chuckle along with me. 

"Same here, Mark. Same here. But how are we gonna tell him? 'Hey, big bro, I totally did the dirty with your best friend and I don't regret any of it. Also, I really like him and even after the pact we made when we were little, I still didn't tell you.. haha'? That's so not gonna work."

"You really like me? Why didn't you tell me? We probably could've avoided all of this if you would've, ya know?"

"Yeah, but then I'd have to actually approach you and talk to you without being awkward and crap, and that is never going to happen. Although, since we did this and I told you, does that mean you like me, too?"

"Well, yeah. I wouldn't have just brought you home because I thought it'd be fun to have sex with someone. That just isn't my style. So, with that out of the way, I'll ask: wanna be my girlfriend? I know it's a little late and everything, but I'm not just gonna be able to forget all about this."

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend. Is that even a question at this point? Okay, back on topic here, how the hell are we gonna tell him?"

He sighed, sitting up and scooting over next to me, wrapping his arm and my shoulder and bringing me to his chest. "How about we call him? Or, better yet, just wait 'til we see him again and tell him then? It'll be easier and we can figure things out a little."

"Sounds, well, great. Now, lemme kiss you for a reason this time." He brought his lips to mine, placing his free hand on my neck while my fingertips slid down his to his bare stomach. Once we pulled away, he kissed my forehead and a started making little circles on his abs. "Marki?"

"Yes, love?"

"Do you realize that we're basically dead men walkin'? He's gonna kill us." He chuckled, kissing my forehead again and keeping his mouth there. 

"Oh, no doubt. I can't wait for it."

------------------------------------------

inspiration for this part came from: jon bellion - dead man walking.

i suggest listening to this song, i absolutely love it.