67 // Protective

did anyone else like mark in a coca-cola hat? and when he was at disney? and that there isn't any way he isn't the protective type? or when people write jealousy fics about him?

-------------------------------------------------------

The two of you had been planning to go to Disneyland for a couple weeks now – you not finding out until about a week prior, and now that the day was finally here, you couldn't have been more excited. Even though you knew it was a mere kid thing, you still loved all of the Disney characters, your favorites being Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto – maybe even Minnie's cat.

So, when you showed up there, you in a light blue, light shirt of Mark's and a pair of shorts, and Mark in a Coca-Cola hat and a pair of jean shorts with a purple shirt, you were jumping in your spot. You had grabbed a bag from the car, something small to help you carry most of the stuff you were going to buy, and the both of you grabbed a water bottle, deciding to both cheat the system for as long as possible and beat the spring-induced heat.

Walking up to the gates, you checked in, just buzzing about anything and everything you loved about the Disney franchise to a smiling Mark. He was happy to see you so excited for this trip, especially since he had planned it behind your back, and could only smile fondly at you as you continued to ramble about the smallest things you enjoyed about Disney.

"Oh! We need to ride Space Mountain! I loved that ride when I came here with my family," you exclaimed once you got through the baggage check, making a rather bombastic hand motion. He started to chuckle, nodding his head and agreeing with you as you walked into the Mainstreet section of Magic Kingdom. 

Smells and sounds started to invade your thoughts, making you hungry and causing the need to jig as you walked even more apparent with the amazing music playing on small-ish intercoms.

You looked over at Mark, hearing him start to mumble the lyrics to the audio of the song playing, and started to dance, taking his hands and doing a failed wave type thing with them. You were both laughing, and even though you hadn't been in the park for more than five minutes, you were already enjoying yourselves.

Of course, it was crowded – although it was early in the morning, so you did get a few stares, but they went unseen and ignored due to the fact that it happened to the two of you anywhere you went. What, with your red-tipped hair, and Mark's floof of red, along with the fact that the two of you never stopped doing the most random things in public, it was hard not to get the stares of bystanders; not that either of you cared, of course.

You stopped jigging, still smiling widely and released his right hand to hold onto his left, walking at a comfortable pace for the both of you. 

It was only nine, so you two had plenty of time to do as you pleased, which also meant that you could go at whatever pace you wanted to until around one, seeing as it would become extremely crowded and you'd barely be able to see each other, even with your hands joint together.

Mark started swaying your hands back and forth, not saying anything, mainly because there wasn't much to say quite yet and kept walking. You went with it, glad to be able to do this with him without him looking at you strangely and just making you walk beside him – but he was Mark, why would he ever do that?

For the next twenty or thirty minutes, you two walked in and out of shops, only buying a couple things that you liked, like a marvel hero hat and a cool Captain America t-shirt, making idle conversation about them or each other, before coming across Tomorrowland and finding Space Mountain at the very end of the long pathway. 

Jumping where you stood, you squealed and tugged at Mark's hand, begging him to follow you. He laughed, running ahead of you with your hands still connected, and dodging people with the precision of an eagle, making your way to the ride.