113 | jokingly dying (ii)

note: this was requested awhile back by a lot of people, and i started it awhile back but things came up. so here it is, ENJOY THE SHOW.

(also double feature whoop)

words: 953

----

After you had tricked him a couple months ago, Mark was not only a little irritated, but he also wanted revenge.

It only seemed fitting that he would play dead on you, but he knew he had to wait for the perfect time to strike – too soon and you'd know it was a prank, too late and the hilarity would be gone. So, he voted for waiting two months, because it was still funny in the fandom, but it had been long overwritten in your mind with various inside jokes and such.

The thing was, he couldn't act like he drowned because one, he could swim perfectly (even with a dog on his back), and two, you had moved. So, he had to come up with something creative. And that's where Tyler and Ethan came into play.

While you were out with Kathryn, doing whatever it is girls do on a "day out," Tyler and Ethan helped Mark set everything up. The plan was simple, and it didn't take long before everything was in place and Mark was on the ground, eyes closed and chest barely moving. Tyler was hovering above him, looking at Ethan for the go ahead.

Quickly, Ethan dialed your number and the plan was in action. Tyler began to shake Mark, allowing the black haired boy to get used to it so he wouldn't laugh, and called out his name. It didn't take long for Mark to act unresponsive, shallowing his breathing and laying his head to the side.

You finally picked up after Ethan called you twice, a little annoyed. "What do you want, Eth?"

"Y/N, I-I don't know what to do. Mark just hit the floor and I don't know how and Tyler can't wake him up and you need to get here now, Y/N," Ethan said, breathing frantically and running a hand through his hair while looking at Tyler.

"Woah, woah, Ethan, slow down. What happened?"

Ethan swallowed, "Mark, he, he just, he collapsed. I think he drank something or something but I don't know and Tyler can't get him to wake up. He isn't breathing and I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do."

"Call the ambulance, I'll get there as fast as I can," you said, tone laced with worry and sadness.

"Okay, okay," Ethan breathed, then hung up. He giggled a little, watching Mark look up at him and smile evilly.

"I am actually going to die whenever she gets here," Mark commented, laughing to himself and pushing hair in his face just a bit.

"Oh, dude," Ethan sighed, "we are never going to hear the end of it."

Tyler only nodded, staying in position and listening for your steps. Soon enough, Mark was flopped back on the floor, Tyler was hovering and Ethan was pacing again, and up you came. You almost screamed at the sight of your boyfriend on the floor, not breathing and completely unresponsive.

"Mark, oh my god," you slid down to his side, hands landing on his chest and pressing against it. CPR would work, wouldn't it? It didn't. He wasn't coughing, sputtering, nothing. Pressing your forehead against his chest, you whined out and shook it, trying to see if your shaking would do any better than Tyler's.

Mark still lay there, maybe dragging this on longer than he needed. Finally thinking coherently, you placed your ear against his heart, hearing only a slight thud against his chest. "No, no, no, Mark, please, c'mon, wake up," you cried, tears beginning to burn your eyes.

You had laid down against his torso, hugging his body against yours when you felt a warm hand on your back and a vibration against your cheek. Pulling back, you stared in disbelief at the smiling boy in front of you, barely hearing the words, "Ha! You fell for it!" over the thud in your ears.

Pushing him away, you stood up and sighed, rubbing your face, "Mark, I swear to God I fucking hate you." Turning away, you went into the bathroom and shut the door, leaning against the sink. You steadied your heart, looking up at yourself in the mirror and remembering what all of this was for.

After a couple seconds, a short, "Heh," left your lips and you smiled, looking back down at the sink. Your shoulders shook as you silently giggled, sniffling and then going back outside to see Mark standing at the door with a wide smile. Ethan and Ty were at their computers, Ethan already immersed in editing and Tyler just... doing Tyler stuff.

You smiled at Mark, shaking your head and bringing him in for a hug. You tucked your head into the crook of his neck, feeling his lips against your temple, "You're a dick, you know?"

"Oh yeah," he said in a low voice by your ear, "absolutely."

You softly giggled, pulling away and looking him in the eye, "But really, Mark, you know not to be a dumbass when I'm not here, right?"

He scoffed, looking to the side and furrowing his eyebrows, "Of course I know!"

You raised an eyebrow, fingers dancing against the nape of his neck.

"...Sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"Okay," he sighed, "it's not likely that I won't be a dumbass when you're not around, but that is what I do for a living, so how can ya blame me?"

You rolled your eyes and pushed off his chest, walking over to your computer across from his.

"But now we're even," he said, sitting down in his chair and spinning toward you.

"Yeah, yeah, fuck off," you laughed, going back to your editing and smiling. Yeah, you were even. For now.